F R I C T I O N

Cameron wasn't sure why he was so nervous

He was doing so well. He didn't think about her at all over the summer but that was easy because he couldn't see her. Seeing her.

That was the problem. 

The last day of workouts came fast because the first day of classes was in just a few days. It wouldn't be long before Cameron was busy again and the real practice began.

Sweating with his equipment in hand, Cameron approached the sidewalk just before his dorm building. He froze in his steps as he saw China making her way for the door as well. She gave him a small smile and wave before digging for her key card. He hadn't seen her since the morning before where they set up her room in almost complete silence.

"H-hey," he nodded a little as he got closer.

She opened up the door for them then held it since his hands were full.

"Want me to carry your helmet?" she offered.

He could tell she was just trying to make things less awkward but he appreciated the gesture.

"Nah, it's okay I got it." 

China nodded and pressed the up button on the elevator. "Which floor?"

"5th," he swallowed. "Can I ask you for a favor?"

"Sure," she said, stepping into the lift.

"Can you braid my hair? It's long but there are no barbershops around here that can cut my hair."

"What do you mean? Because it's curly?"

"Yeah. That's exactly it."

"Of course. Come by after you shower. My roommate just got in so she's moving stuff,"

"That's cool. Give me about an hour."

"Okay," she said getting off on the third floor.

Once it was Cameron's stop, he made his way down the hall. He was that his room door was open and he knew that his own roommate had finally arrived. He stepped inside the room and saw the once empty half decked out in soccer paraphernalia and Filipino flags.

"What's up?" he said as he put his shoulder pads and helmet in his corner.

"Hey! What's good?"

"I'm Cameron," he said sticking out his hand.

When he got closer he was taken back how good-looking the guy was.

"I'm Angel." he smiled, showing off his deep dimples.

"Um, nice to meet you." Cameron smiled a little.

"Same," Angel said letting go of his hand. "So you on the team or you just tried out?"