Chapter 26

Later...

Later Mary woke up from her mid morning nap. "Our sleepyhead woke up" I see Peter walk downstairs holding sleepy Mary. "You're still sleepy?" I ask her. She stretches her arms and yawns. I chuckle and we go and sit down on the couch. Mary just stays in Peters arms nearly asleep. I don't get it. She slept from breakfast to lunch and she's still sleepy. She must get the fact that she loves sleeping from me. I know how to change her mood immediately. I've been watching some tik toks and I've seen a trend 'show your breastfed baby your boobs challenge'. I'm down to try it. I wanna see how her mood changes. "Hey Mary, look" I say and pull up my shirt exposing both of my breasts. Both Peter and her look over. A big smile appears on her face and she begins crawling off of Peter. "Um, those are mine" Peter says taking her and putting her farther away from me and then coming over to me. I laugh at what Peter just did. I see Mary at the other side of the couch now crying. Oh god. This wasn't the plan. Peter sighs and goes and picks her up. "I'm sorry sweetheart. Me and you can share" he tells her. She stops crying and looks at him. "I'll have the left one and you have the right one" he says. She cheekily smiles. He hands her over to me and she latches onto my right nipple. "You two made a deal?" I ask laughing. "They were mine first. So I guess I have to share" he says and playfully rolls his eyes. I chuckle at him. He leans over and kisses me. "She's gonna be 1 in only one month" he says looking down at our daughter eating. "I know. I don't want her to grow up" I say looking down at her. "Me neither. But she will always be our little baby" he smiles. I nod. I couldn't agree more.

After she's done eating I place her down in her play pen. Me and Peter both look at her as she plays with her toys and throws them everywhere. I feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier. Not long after I'm asleep on Peters chest.

Peters p.o.v.

My baby fell asleep on my chest. I love the feeling of her being so close to me. "Dada!" Mary yells. "Shhhhh Mary. Mommy is sleeping" I whisper to Mary who hands me a stuffed teddy "thank you" I chuckle. I'm so happy Mary is in our lives. In only one month she's going to turn one. It's insane how fast time flies when you're a parent. I keep on thinking of what the future holds for us as a family. When will we add to the family? Will we have more kids in the future? Will me and Mj get married? I have no idea. The only thing I do know is that I'd marry Mj in a heartbeat.

Later...

Mjs p.o.v.

I start to open my eyes to see I am now laying on the couch instead of Peter chest. I slowly sit up and yawn. I see Mary's toys all around the living room. What happened in here while I was asleep? I look over to see Peter feeding Mary baby apple sauce in her high chair. I smile when I see Mary and Peter feeding her. I stretch my arms and yawn again. "Mommy woke up" Peter smiles when he sees me. "Mama!" Mary squeals. Peter chuckles and wipes off the apple sauce around her mouth. Then he picks her up and let's her down on the floor. She immediately crawls over  to me. "Hi baby" I smile and pick her up. "What happened in here?" I ask her looking at the mess. She just smiles and snuggles to me. I can't be mad at her. She's just a baby. Our baby. "Little miss decided it would be a good idea to re-organise her toys all over the living room" Peter chuckles looking at our daughter in my arms. "You have to pick all the toys back up now baby" I tell her. She shakes her head no. "Cmon, Daddy will help you" Peter says putting her on the messy floor. "Mama?" Mary asks looking at me. "Let mommy rest. I'll help you" Peter tells her. I smile. He's the sweetest.

They begin to pick the toys up from the floor and putting them in the play pen. "Mary look" Peter says throwing a teddy into the play pen. She smiles and attempts to throw a small unicorn plush. "You got it" he smiles. "Now when you throw it you say yeet" he chuckles. Oh god. "Like this" he says and Mary looks at him. "Yeet!" And throws the teddy into the play pen. Mary laughs and throws a ball "yeet!" She yells. Me and Peter both laugh. "Peter, don't teach her to say yeet whenever she throws something" I chuckle. "Why not? She loves it" Peter laughs. "Yeet!" Mary squeals and throws another toy.

"Hey guys!" I see aunt May come through the front door. "Hey May" me and Peter both say at the same time. "Nana!" Mary smiles and crawls over to May. "Hello my sweetheart" she smiles and picks Mary up and kisses her. "Say, nana I was learning how to walk today!" I say in my baby voice impersonating Mary. "Really?!" May asks surprised. "Great job honey" she smiles and kisses her grand daughter. The bond they have is amazing. "Yeet!" Mary exclaims. May looks at Peter not surprised at all. I chuckle looking at Peter "why are you all looking at me?! It's not like I thought her how to say yeet!" He says trying to defend himself. Mary takes Mays car keys and throws them on the ground "Yeet!" She smiles. May looks back at Peter "you sure about that?" She asks him. He stays quiet after that we all laugh.

"Show nana what you know" Peter says to Mary and stands her up. "Oh my goodness!" May smiles. "When I went to go and get her from her crib this morning she was standing while holding onto the crib bars" he says. "She'll be walking in no time" May says kissing her grand daughters head. "Mama" she says putting her arms up. I smile and pick her up and set her down on my lap. She snuggles to me. "She's such a cuddly baby" May say "she is. All she wants to do is snuggle" I chuckle. "What do you want for your birthday honey?" May asks Mary on my chest. "Beep beep" Mary says. "A car?" May asks her. Mary smiles and nods. "Do you want an Audi or a Lexus or a Tesla?" Peter asks Mary smiling. I chuckle. Mary points on Mays pink blouse. "You want a pink car?" I ask her. She smiles widely and nods. I guess we're getting her a pink car.

"Walk to mommy" I smile opening my arms. Me and Peter are both sitting on the floor trying to get Mary to walk to either of us. May is on the couch drinking coffee and watching her granddaughter slowly learn how to walk. "Come on my love" I chuckle. She smiles and let's go of the table. "You can do it" Peter says behind her. She takes two steps and then falls into my arms. "Good job baby!" I smile. "We're so proud of you" Peter chuckles. "This is amazing" May smiles. I give Mary's cheek a bunch of kisses.

Later...

It's now almost 8pm and it's time to put Mary to bed. "Cmon you had enough adventures for today honey" Peter says picking our daughter up from our bed. "Dada no!" She whines "boogie monster will come for you" he says. He carries her over to her nursery. Not long after I hear crying. She really doesn't want to sleep. I sigh and get up and walk over. I see Peter trying to calm crying Mary down. "What's wrong babe?" I ask him. "She really doesn't want to sleep" he says trying his best to calm our daughter down. I take her into my arms and sit down in the rocking chair. "Little Sunshine, little sunshine" I softly sing to her and rock on the rocking chair. Her cries soften.

"Let your radiance show,
Little Sunshine,
Little Sunshine,
Let your kind heart glow..."

I sing to her while rocking. She completely stopped crying now.

"Though the shadows may close in,
You will stay strong,
Your little spark of love,
will cast out the dark..."

Looking down at my daughter I feel love, joy, pride. Just so many amazing emotions.

"Know that you're not alone,
the moon's at your side.
together you'll cleanse the world,
you'll always be my pride..."

She closes her eyes and snuggles towards me.

"Little Sunshine,
Little Sunshine,
Let your radiance show...
Little Sunshine,
Little Sunshine,
Let your kind heart glow..."

I finish the song and she is sound asleep in my arms, with her head on my chest. I smile and kiss her head. I pick her up and gently place her in her crib. Peter wraps his arms around me and kisses the back of my neck. "I don't know how you do it" he says. "You are amazing" he smiles. I smile and he pulls me in for a passionate kiss.