|30| The Mammalian Principal

"Would you like some tea?"

"U-uh... s-sure?"

She tentatively accepted the cup of tea that he had presented on the table, sipping it as her heart thumped, anticipating what the principal wanted to speak to her about. He laughed heartily, startling the girl as she almost dropped her cup, though she timidly placed it back down.

"I'm not going to expel you if that's what you're thinking." He smiled further as the girl visibly relaxed, though she tensed up again as the next words left the Principal's mouth... snout? "The Hero Public Safety Commission has informed me about your... how should I put this... undercover mission to infiltrate the League of Villains."

Her face fell at the sudden realisation of the Principal knowing about what could probably be considered her darkest secret, his face solemn. All joking expressions seemed to be erased from his snout, replaced with a grave expression, a deep frown covering his fur. She nodded slowly, motioning for him to continue.

"Now... I'm sure you'll be receiving work and tests from them, which, by all means, complete... however, I must stress the importance of your safety, Takami," he reverted from her Hero Name to her surname, "the League of Villains, as I'm sure you're aware, are conniving and cunning, they know how to manipulate people. Just because they attacked you once during the Forest Training Camp doesn't mean they'll try it again."

"I appreciate your concern, Nezu," she smiled mischievously, "but who's to say that I'm not conniving or cunning?"

She made a good point.

The girl was an exceptional liar, being able to hide her true feelings and thoughts with her face and body language, a skill she shared with her brother. She was able to remain calm in most situations, a trait that the majority of the first-years admired her for and her speed rivalled even that of Iida's, whose Engine Quirk was meant to be only used for speed; Falcon mainly utilised her Fierce Wings Quirk to fly and to rescue those by controlling each feather using her mind, much like her brother, and also sense the multiple vibrations caused by people, allowing both avian Heroes to easily eavesdrop on the Villains' conversations - whether intentional or not - allowing the siblings to be both reliable yet dangerous spies.

"I am aware... however, as the Principal of this school, I simply cannot bear to witness tragic injuries and what should happen if any of the members find out about your undercover work?" She paused. "Let me ask you this, Takami, what have they asked you to do so far?"

"Nothing too much... they've mainly requested things from my brother since he's more available than I am," she mused, "but mainly it's just been... well, interesting."

"Which member gives out the requests?"

"I... I'm not exactly supposed to..." she stammered cautiously. The mammal stayed silent, finally nodding.

"That is all, Falcon; you are dismissed."

She stood up, bowing and thanking him for the tea before heading off into her classroom, startled as Present Mic's abnormally loud voice - which she still hadn't fully recovered from - interrupted her train of thought.

"AAAND WHY ARE YOU LATE?!" She groaned, stumbling back slightly from the loud volume at such a short distance, her hands cupping over her ears.

"I was talking to the Principal..." she murmured, the man energetically nodding as she slid into her seat, readying her notes as she prepared for the lesson to come.

Which was way harder than anything else that they had learnt the entire year, might she add.