Chp2: Months/Weeks before the Nanite Event

Smol author's note: Kind of a short chapter.
(Finally I have the time to make this chapter cuz I was busy with college and shiz.)
(So sowwy for the long wait huhu T-T.)

|∆•∆•∆•∆|

REX
(Y/N)-Your Name

Today, you and Rex are at the lab where his parents work. You have been visiting the lab with them for sometime now. Let's just say, Rex really loves having you around and he figured that maybe he invites you from time to time to hangout.

"Are you sure this is fine?" You asked him in a worried tone. He brought his football with him and he started to run and kick it. "Of course!" He said confidently. With a sigh, you just let him do what he does, hoping that he won't knock down anything. As you were walking, you two came across a tall man with long black hair. Since you are walking behind a running Rex, you saw the man look at Rex's direction in a rude way. When he turned to look at you, he returned to his normal serious face. 'Well that was weird.' You said inside your head.

When you went to turn around, Rex was gone.

'Oh nu.'

You ran a bit in his direction but at the end of the corridor, the path split into three. You have no idea which he took.

Timeskip to an hour and a half later...

"(Y/N)!!!" Rex shouted, it echoed through the whole corridor. "Hermano! Wait up!" Caesar said, running after a very worried Rex. It was just then that Rex realized you were missing when his family asked him where you were.

Both brothers frantically searched for you. Caesar might have been the only one who needs to catch his breath every now and then. On the other hand, Rex kept running, shouting, and checking every room. He even almost went inside the girl's bathroom but good thing Caesar was there to catch him right on time. A female worker gazed at them with a questioning look when she exit the bathroom. Caesar just gave her an awkward smile as he pushed Rex in another direction.

"Slow down, Rex." He started as he went down to his level. "We'll find her. Just calm down..." He reassured him. It's still visible on Rex's face that he is worried sick. He doesn't want anything bad to happen to you.

Another hour passed and there is still no sign of you. They already went to different floors and rooms but you were not there in either of them.

"We should head back now Rex..." Caesar said. Rex shook his head. "No! What if something bad happens to her..." His voice began to trail off.

"We'll just head back a bit and rest. Then we'll continue searching for her, is that okay?" Rex looked at his brother and wiped the tears brimming on his lower eyelids. He then nodded slowly and just followed his brother. They do need to take a break for at least a few minutes of nonstop looking. As they both walk and reach their parents' office, Rex's head was lowered all the way.

"Why do you look so down in the dumps?" His eyes lit up as his head shot up. He couldn't believe his eyes. You were spinning around in his dad's office chair for five minutes now. You actually just got there for like 10-15 minutes ago. Rafael, Rex's dad, stopped your chair from spinning after noticing your dizzy state. Even while spinning, you got good eyes to see Rex's expression. "B-but- How-?"

"One of the workers spotted her and brought her back." Violeta explained, looking at the same tall guy with long hair that you happened to pass by earlier. Rex didn't care at some point because he's relieved that you are safe. "I guess I better leave and continue my work." The guy said, heading out the door. "Make sure your son doesn't knock over other people's work again." Then he closed the door.