CHAPTER 1: A stranger in my house is strange

WARNING: The main character likes to cuss a lot so forgive me if you are offended by her words.

My job is complete and utter crap.

Not the job per se. I mean being a check out girl is fine but when having a slightly obese co-worker with grabby hands and a case of mild halitosis, then it is complete and utter crap.

I can totally feel those beady eyes glued to my ass while I fix the items on the last shelf. It's so fucking pathetic and disgusting I feel like puking in my mouth right now. I glanced at my watch.

Five more minutes and I am so outta here.

I looked out the door. Damn. It looks like it's freezing out there. I watched as snow continued to fall before letting out a sigh. I put the last bag of Ruffles on the shelf and stood up, stretching out. Pilates are not doing anything for my back.

As I go towards the counter, Patrick smirks at me. Well, at least I think he tried to. "Why don't I take you home and warm you up? Seems like it's going to be a pretty cold night."

I almost burst out laughing. "Uh, no thanks." I went around to grab my sweater and my messenger bag when he blocked my way.

"C'mon babe. We can't keep playing this cat and mouse game."

"If you think we've been playing a cat and mouse game as you put it then you are a delusional piece of shit. Now will you please move aside, I've gotta go, my shift is over." His eyes widened at my sudden outburst. He moves aside and I hastily grab my things. I slip into my sweater and pull the hood over my head.

The streets are pretty much empty except for the occasional car passing by. I tucked my hands into my pockets and breathed out just to see if my breath would be visible and it was. I could feel my nose starting to run.

Thank the gods of Olympus my apartment was a walking distance. I would literally kill a man for a cup of hot chocolate right now. I looked around and saw a burly man walking his dog. I always see him around this time for some reason. It was a really odd time to walk a dog. I stared at him like a creepy stalker as he passed by. He didn't seem to notice me or he simply ignored me but whatever.

Before I was to resume the short walk to my house, a car suddenly halted right beside me. I automatically moved away. Shit, don't tell me someone was about to kidnap me. I watched as a guy dragged someone out of the passenger seat.

"Fucking asshole." He said as he pulled him towards the side walk where I was. I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to do. The man he was pulling was unconscious.. Or even worst, dead.

He looked up at me for the briefest second before dropping him there. The guy was muttering incoherently and heading towards the car. "What the hell?!" I ran towards the car in a panic but he sped away.

Holy shit. This cannot be happening. I looked back and the guy was still laying in the snow. "Why does this always happen to me?" I groaned out before approaching the possibly dead body.

I reached down and checked for a pulse and see if he was breathing but immediately pulled away when I caught scent of his breath. This fucker was drunk off his ass. "Dude!" I slapped his face. "Wake up." I tried shaking him and got no response. "Dude. You can't stay here. At least tell me where you live." Still no response. Great going Chap, ask an unconscious dude where he lives as if he was going to answer. 

I sighed and got up. Why should I care? I don't know who he is. I'm stressing myself over something I shouldn't. He's not dead so it's okay. I was going to walk away but stopped midway. He might die, I mean it is snowing and what he was wearing wasn't really going to do anything for him in the warming up department. 

Fuck myself. 

"I regret everything." I huffed out as I tried to carry his body weight. He was damn heavy. "Almost there." I reached into my bag and shuffled around for my keys. "I can't-" His arm slid off my shoulder he fell to the ground with a loud thump. I looked down at him. He was okay. I think. "Oh well." I pulled out my keys and opened the front door then proceeded to pull him up once again, my arms under his pits.

Once we got in I dropped him unto my couch. I watched him get comfy and snuggle into the pillows. I studied him. Wait, this guy was actually really, really attractive. Like vogue model attractive. He has even better skin than I do. Dang, life sure is unfair.

Whilst watching the attractive stranger, I concluded that I was definitely not safe with him in here with me. Who knows? He might be some kind of psycho killer and smothers me in my sleep. Or worst, he might steal my food. A girl's gotta take some precautions.

I went over to my desk and dug out some packing tape. I dropped him and he didn't wake up. He definitely won't wake up when I put this on him. I started to tape his wrists together, then his ankles then his arms and legs. then pulled his shoes off. I know I may be over reacting but when you bring a stranger home, for reasons not related to having a good time, then you have got to do this.

After I managed to finish taping his limbs I went to grab some extra blankets and a bucket, putting it on the floor right in front of his face. I am not going to be cleaning puke early in the morning.

"Well good night. I just hope you won't freak out in the morning. I really don't like being woken up before I have my coffee."

After getting ready for bed, I snuggled into my covers. I wonder how tomorrow will go, I thought before knocking out like a baby.