First Shot : The Heart's Aching to be Together

After 5 years,

Karthik met his life Naira and his lifeline Kairav. It was the most emotional moment for Karthik to have Naira around after such a long time. He felt like she punished him for doubting her love for him, which was always pure. But the biggest blow he got was when he got to know that Kairav is his own child. His blood. His own lifeline. His and Naira's symbol of love.

Both of them cleared their misunderstandings. Naira and Kairav are staying in Singhania Sadan, as Naira still needed time. Both the families are not angry with Naira anymore including Karthik, after she explained her struggles in upbringing Kairav. All those hospital scenes, job are same as the show. Goenka's did not object, but they missed Kairav terribly. They all hoped that soon Kairav will bring Kaira together.

Naira expresses her willingness to do a job and be independent. Karthik offers a post to Naira as 'Executive Designer' in 'Goenka Industries'. Naira accepts it, as she always wanted to be independent and right now instead of searching for job outside, she decides to help Karthik in his projects.

~~~~~~~

Few days later,

After Karthik dropped Kairav off at school, he recalled how he missed his child's 5 years of life. Many things kept revolving his mind and kept him occupied the whole day. He missed his Tadpole's tiny little happy moments of First Cry, First Word, First Walk, First Day at School, etc. He couldn't concentrate on anything and was totally broken thinking about his fate. If Naira and him hadn't got separated, they would be Kairav's 'Happy family' together!

He shielded himself with these thoughts. He took his car and drove off to find a peaceful place, where he can be alone and away from the chaotic world. Unfortunately, he has to anyway end up in the place, where he belongs which no more gave him happiness, to be precise without his sherni and his tadpole, he felt totally void.

~~~

At Goenka Industries,

Naira was working in her cabin after sending Kairav to school, as Karthik usually picks him and drops at school. This is their everyday routine. But today she felt something different and difficult. In the last few days, many things started softening around. She was working so focussed on a new project without even looking up. She  kept herself so busy that she wanted to divert her messed thoughts.

In between, without her own knowledge she looked into Karthik's cabin to atleast get a glimpse of him! To her disappointment, Karthik wasn't present in his cabin. She checked her watch to find its 11am in the morning and still he didn't show up! 

"Karthik abhi tak kyu nahi aaya?", she got worried and then realised what she's thinking. She composed herself, "Naira, tum pagal ho gye ho kya! Where is your concentration? Kaam pe dyaan do! Uff", she scolded her over smart mind. 

To her astonishment, she couldn't control  but to call his PA Mita and enquired abt Karthik's absence. Mita answered that she doesn't know abt him, but his employess are engaged into their work! Naira thanked Mita and asked her to go. 

"Naira beta, Karthik ho ya na ho office par, tum APNA kaam karo. Dare to even think abt him. It's been 5 yrs, you didn't want to meet him, now why are u so desperate to get a glimpse! Urgg.. Naira work!!", She complained to herself for not able to bear his absence, after it became her habit of working under the same roof.

~~~~~

After a while, 

"Good Noon sir", Naira heard Mita greeting someone and there she saw him, Karthik! He nodded at his employees with a sarcastic smile at 'Good' of Good noon and entered his cabin without showing his pain., Which wasn't noticed my Naira.

Closing her eyes, She let out a deep breath in relief resting her head on her bossy chair.  All she wanted was to just see his face, so she can peacefully concentrate on work. Her love for him never reduced. After all he's her first love, She smiled and engaged herself into her files.

~~~~~~~

Karthik returned to his office and entered his cabin only to find himself back to the place where he kept himself busy for the past 5 years. He had shielded himself for 5 years and now everything is slowly fading away, as his life and his lifeline is with him.

Now his inner feelings has started to defeat his shield after meeting the little boy. He wanted some tiny lil buddy, who he can call as HIS. For whom, he can be a father. A proud father. 

Vansh had always filled the place as his lil buddy and every time he sees Vansh, his heart melts. But at the end of the day, he realises he isn't his biological father before going to bed. He wanted to cherish this responsibility of his, to be a biological father, to his own kids. He regretted that night for letting Naira go, otherwise he would now have a Happy family.

His heart is already broken seeing Naira moving on in her life and above all, now he is missing both of them. His eyes started to get well up. He couldn't concentrate on anything. His eyes rose up across his cabin, only to find Naira drowned in her work. He didn't know when she became his habit once again.

Her angelic face, her position in the industry now to match him in every aspect, her hardwork and her success. All these made him feel proud of her. She handled Kairav as a single parent. After all, she is his first love. "My Naira, My Sherni", He smiled through his tears. He badly wished Naira and him never parted ways! 

~~~

Seems like Naira could hear him talking to his heart, as the wind blew, she lifted her eyes up from her files only to have an eye contact with Karthik. Their eyes forgot to blink. Their eyes spoke tonnes of unspoken words. Their Smile crept without their own knowledge. Once again, Their hearts melted for eachother. 

Eventhough they wanted to give her some space, time and destiny plays it's own game. Though the truth abt Kairav is yet to be revealed to Karthik, now at this moment both filled the voids of their 5 years absence! :)

~~~~~~

A/N: Thank you all. Hope you guys liked it! Part 2 coming soon. Share your views! :)