Chapter 1- The Choice

You're walking down a hiking trail in the woods. It's late, the park is about to close and you are on your way back to the entrance. Suddenly, you feel a rough strong arm wrap around your throat. You can't breathe. You fight as much as you can, but only manage to pull the man's arm off of you enough to let out a scream for help. You scream a blood curdling "Help!" he takes a knife from his jacket and makes a big gash in your side. You are feeling yourself start to lose consciousness, when as quickly as the arm wrapped around you, it was gone and the pressure was released. Frantic and out of breath, you turn around to see a hot guy in a leather jacket with a silver knife in his hand that is covered in blood from stabbing the man. Next to him is another hot guy, this one wearing what you guess to be about four layers of flannel, regardless of the temperature outside, standing there goofily smiling at you. The man who tried to kill you is dead on the ground.

"Why'd you kill him rather than just knock him out and call the cops or something?" you ask the one with the knife, terrified and now realizing your question sounds really stupid.

"He is a demon. We are hunters. It's what we do. He gives a nonchalant shrug. We will explain in the car." He replies

"I'm not going with you two. I don't know you, and plus I have my own car."

"You are coming with us." They say in unison. "We need to fix up that cut in your side. It's not looking too good."

"Fine." You say grudgingly, as you feel the pain rush back to your side.

They take you in their black 4-door 1967 chevy impala back to the hotel they're staying at. While in the car, they finally introduce themselves to you. The one in the leather jacket's name is Dean. The other one; his name is Sam. You tell them yours.

"Thank you both for saving my life back there."

"It was all Dean." I was just with him. Sam says, trying to be humble.

"Well, thank you Dean."

"My pleasure. That thing needed to die."

You arrive at the hotel room, where you sit on the bed waiting for them to examine the wound in your side. They look at it grimacing as they do. They exchange a look that terrifies you. "What's the matter?" you ask, seeing the concern in their eyes. They tell you that you need stitches, but that taking you to the hospital is not an option. They tell you they don't want to waste time going to the other side of town to get you fixed up, when they can fix it for free. You can tell there is far more to it, but you let it go and don't push it.

"Do I get painkillers, a sedative, something?" You ask, concerned.

"Sorry, we don't have any sedatives." Dean says "we have alcohol though." That does absolutely nothing to lessen your concern.

You are seriously worried at this point. Especially if Dean was going to stitch you up. He was clearly the most violent and stubborn of the two, clearly he wouldn't be gentle; but something about it was all super attractive. You felt yourself falling in love with Dean. Not to mention he saved your life, which definitely earns bonus points with you.

When Dean went to stitch you up you asked him "can Sam do it?"

"I guess. What's wrong with me?" Dean asked, somewhat offended.

"Nothing, just I think Sam will be more gentle. I'm not great with pain."

"I'll do it." Sam chimes in

He comes over and joins you on the bed. He tells you to lay down on your back so he can stitch your side up. He stares you deep in the eyes, calmly assuring you it would all be ok, without using any words at all. He is being really sanitary too- he cleans the area, washes his hands, the whole 9 yards. That really surprised you considering they're hunters, and just don't seem like they care about cleanliness at all. He gives you a warning about the pain, since you've never had stitches before.