Chapter 20: Midnight Talk

Y/n's PoV:

I screwed up.

I don't know how or why but I'm fvcked. Quinton caught the two of us— Kio and I, in a position where we're about to kiss inside a small room. What do you think my ex would react?

As guilt gnawed on me, I can't say anything straight about our situation anytime soon. At this point, I'll let Quinton think what he want to thinks...

A helpless sigh escaped my lips as I focused soundlessly at the monitor of my PC.

Right in the screen plays an unedited video of Josh and Bryce talking about some another TikTok guy who comes out as a prank. It was really a problematic one, I might say.

Then on the back, Jaden and Quinton sat with them on the couch while they stared back at the camera, directly through my soul. Oh God. I felt like I was losing my mind when Quinton looked back at me from the screen with utter judgement, somehow making me in pain for no reason.

Holy grail— any minute now and I'd go insane, but not only until I figured out what my actual problem is about.

This very house— also known as the Sway House has changed my life for real. I've been living underneath this roof for like little to many days— two/three weeks maybe, but my life has turned wonderfully into a major spin-off of a cliche teenage series or a bloody horror film. In full honesty, having this job has it own good advances— I still can't believe that I'm living on the same house with some equally hot internet celebrities, but they've been messing with my mind since the first stay and I simply cannot fathom it.

The way Jaden look so hot, ugh. Kio eyeing me up and down, good lord. Griffin those nurse skills, daddy. Anthony with his cute smile, hmm. Josh acting like an older brother, sweet home alabama. Bryce Hall being an ass, god forbid. And Quinton... he left me because he wants something more that I cannot afford and then he came waltzing back in my life like he didn't broke my heart.

Yet here I am, being a sucker for those type of boys. That seven special boys who annoyed me yet still what did I do? I stayed— well, to be clear, I am working here so I will not left this house for a while especially not until the virus is circulating.

Out of the blue, my stomach started growling. It was begging for me to fed him/her which I usually set aside but this time, I actually followed the calling.

I was past the normal dinner time... again. I'm really not setting a good example for my future grandchildren but only because I didn't fully notice that the time was dissolving like a salt on the water. When I checked the clock, it was already midnight.

I tossed my phone and laptop behind. I'm not bringing them today with me.

After getting myself out of my messy room, I strolled to the corridors, passing each of their equivalent rooms until I landed on the kitchen.

The light was on which I found weird because no one's mostly awake at this time as I reckon. Once I entered the room, there they are— Griffin and Bryce having a midnight snack on the kitchen.

I guess they did heard my not-so sneaky footsteps because Griffin momentarily stopped eating his steak while Bryce rapidly sipped his beer as if I have this evil plan of stealing it away from him. As if.

Griffin turned to my direction with a grin,"Oh y/n, hi! Good evening to you, here, I saved a piece for you."he motioned the sauteed steak before pointing to the fridge.

Oh, imagine if this nurse boy wasn't here. I wouldn't really have anything to eat then so I could say he has saved my life... and my steak. My life is at stake— okay, that was a bad pun, sorry.