Preference: How You Met

John B
You've been best friends since you were babies.  Growing up, your house was right next door to his and you two did everything together.  You learned how to surf together.  You caught your first fish together.  You've been there for each other through everything.  You can't imagine life without him by your side. 

JJ
You are the golden "wild child" of the island.  At one of the many parties held at the boneyard, you run across a blond boy who has heard about your reputation and challenges you with a smirk.  Upon realizing that you are insane and beating him in every silly contest he comes up with, the boy introduces himself. 

Pope
You are a Kook who is failing one of your classes.  Not wanting anyone on your side of the island to know, you go to your friend Kie who then introduces you to one of her Pogue friends.  He gives you the help that you need and you two continue to study together.  

Topper
Your mothers, being best friends since high school, forced the two of you to date.  At first you were both upset about not having a say in the matter.  You acted like a couple for show, but you secretly couldn't stand the thought of each other.  The two of you later bond over your strict parents as well as other experiences and begin to build a deeper connection and understanding for the other person.  

Rafe
He is your older brother's best friend, so he is always around.  You belong to one of the wealthiest families on the island and you sometimes feel like you're locked in a glass box on display.  He seems to be the first one that actually cares about your feelings rather than your appearances.