Heartbeat

Miles always felt something wasn't right with his wife Rosemary . She seemed too happy all the time. After seven years Nobody could possibly be that happy all the time.  He couldn't complain much because, he always had a hot meal to eat . Coming home every night she'd be smiling ear to ear. Somehow Miles seemed to be spiraling out of control. One day while sitting at the dinner table Miles curiously got the best of him. "Hey honey is there anything new going on with you? "Actually I'm glad you asked I have an appointment with my Doctor tomorrow afternoon she smiled placing a hot plate of tacos in front of her husband. "Well I'm off tomorrow so would you like me to go with you ? "Yes hun I would absolutely love that she grinned sitting down with her plate . Miles smiled while drinking his glass of sweet tea. Walking into the Doctors office Miles felt quite foolish. When he realized that her Doctor was a woman. "Good morning Mrs . Whitley and, how are you doing Asked Doctor Davisson ? I'm doing very well this here is my husband Miles" smiled , Rosemary sweetly. "Well Miles it's nice to finally meet you greeted, Dr Davisson.  "Same to you miss. After a few weeks he began to forget his insane suspicions and, go back to normal. That is until, Thanksgiving Day While celebrating with Rosemary's family he overheard a conversation between, his sister in law  Cara  and someone else. "Oh Paul she'll be super excited to see you I promise giggled Cara over the phone. She was unaware her brother in law was hanging on their every word. The drive home was completely silent until, the car was parked in the driveway. "So is Paul the one your sleeping with Demanded , Miles ! "What on earth are you going on about "Yelled Rose! " I heard Cara and him making plans . "Well then who's Paul? " Honey that was over before it even began " laughed, Rosemary shutting the front door. "Your planning on seeing him I heard your sister say she'll be happy to see you screamed, Miles! "Your sounding completely insane I haven't seen that man since high school cried , Rosemary. "I heard Cara on the phone with him! "I swear baby I didn't know anything about seeing Paul. " You're lying you were planning to run away with him! " That's not true I never once slept with Paul because, he's gay yelled, Rosemary slamming her purse on the countertop! " Your lying that's I can't take it anymore! Before Rose could move she watched in horror. Her loving husband plunged a silver knife straight into her heart. He stood watching the light fade from his wife's beautiful blue eyes. The blood dripping onto the hardwood floor. "Now what do I do he mumbled, to himself. "You must clean up the blood and, make it as if sh ran off whispered, a voice in his head. Miles quickly grabbed a mop and began mopping and scrubbing up the blood. He then wrapped his dead wife's body in a tarp and buried her body in the backyard. Saving her heart to throw into the river behind his home. He tossed the heart off a bridge into the icy river down below. Late on rainy night Miles walked to the bridge were he threw his wife's heart to gloat. "She didn't deserve to live he smirked, staring at the water below. Suddenly he felt his hand begin to vibrate. That's when he looked down to his horror to see he was holding her heart in his hands ." I killed her it can't be he began to cry. Later on that night Miles could hear the beating of her heart Driving him completely mad." I can't take this anymore he cried. Miles ran to the bridge and plunged himself into the exact spot his wife's still beating heart k Lay.