Chapter Twenty Seven

Once again thank you and here we go! I’m glad you guys enjoyed the little plot twist; a few people had wanted it for a while.

 /// 

Part One

 Today was the day of the anniversary party for Anita and Paul, Wilmer was doing anything but concentrating on setting up the back yard as every time he tried to lay out the chairs in the order Anita gave him his mind rushed to Demi. She still wasn't well, her face was so pale, she was throwing up several times a day and yet she refused to go to a doctor to check it wasn't anything serious. Paul had tried to reassure him she was fine and that it was most likely a nasty bug but something didn't feel right. He knew her, he knew when she was ill and this wasn't her ill. He just couldn't pin point what was actually wrong and that frustrated him more. 

"Wilmer, are you still worried?" Anita came out in her curlers and pyjama set on. She was clearly about to get ready but seeing him so distracted meant that she would have to come check he was okay.

Wilmer nodded and carried on laying out the chairs and putting the ribbon covers over the top of them. "I just don't like it when she's ill, and the girls are worried so I'm trying to be positive for them too" he explained his worries and knew he didn't regret it. Anita and Paul had been a source of comfort since he discovered his twins and he knew they cared about him and Demi as much as they did their grandchildren. 

"Well I know you won't believe me but she is okay. I know so. Women know these things. And the girls are picking up on your vibes darling, but they are fine I spoke to them and they said they're worried about you. So it seems everyone is worried about the other," they both laughed at the complicated situation they found themselves in. "Once you've done this so you mind helping set the tables up inside with Paul? He's pretending to know what to do but bless him he doesn't have a clue" Wilmer smiled and nodded that he'd do just that once he done the last few rows. After all it was the least he could do. 

Anita went back upstairs as she checked her curlers were still tightly in her hair. She heard a tap on the door and saw Demi peak her head in. "Hello, how you feeling this morning?" Anita noticed she was still very pale but she wouldn't mention it. 

"A little fragile" she smiled smpathyically before carrying on. "Wilmer made me eat some toast and luckily I've kept it down" she crossed her fingers in the hope it would work just this once. 

"Here's hoping darling" Anita grabbed her hand supportively. "Would you mind doing my hair and makeup for this afternoon please if you feel up to it?" Demi felt honoured she asked her and of course she agreed. "I'll do yours first then the girls" they both nodded at their successful planning. 

The renewing of the vows ceremony they arranged wasn't til 3. They had decided on an afternoon event as they wanted the tents they had filled the garden up with fairy lights hanging down and thought it would look lovely while they played music, danced and ate all night long. 

The girls came bouncing into their grandparent’s room. "Momma, Grandma, were ready" they said in unison as they turned around several times showing their attempt to get dressed and help out Demi and their Grandma. 

"Oh sweethearts" Demi infectious giggle filled the room and Anita couldn't but laugh herself. "Girls you realise your dresses on back to front?" They shook their heads and looked at each other realising the bows were at the front instead of the back they both looked sad for a moment before they let out a giggle. Demi wasn't angry nor their grandma. 

"Why don't I go help you girls put your dresses on correctly while grandma gets changed then I need her hair and makeup and then yours okay?" As they began to walk away Sara spoke. "Can we stay and watch momma?" Demi held her hand. "I'm sure Grandma would love that"