𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘀

"Fuck!" Rakim hits the steering wheel of their car aggressively. "If Jarad doesn't find out anything, I'm giving up."

Symere is quiet. After Mrs. McCollum showed them her son's grave, the conversation became very awkward and Rakim and him left as fast as they could.

"Can you drive me home?" he asks his friend.

Rakim sighs defeated. "Sure."

Symere needs to call Jordan back. It's been three hours now since he received the two calls from him and he's dying to know what Jordan wants to tell him.

"I think I'm gonna go back to the department after I dropped you off. I wanna talk to Jarad to see how far he's come and look through the tape again. I think I'm overseeing something" Rakim mutters.

"No!" Symere yells shocked. " I mean, please don't look through the tape without me. I, uhm...I want to be there and help when you do it, you know?" he tries to explain himself.

He would need to edit it somehow before Rakim gets his fingers on it.

Rakim gives him an odd glance from the side before he turns his head back to the traffic in front of him. "Okay..."

_____________________________

"Symere?" he hears Jordan ask on the other end of the line.

"Hey. I'm so sorry I didn't call back earlier. I was busy" Symere apologizes and subconsciously bites his lip.

"It's fine. Although I first thought you gave me a fake number or something" Jordan jokes. His voice gets serious. "You promised you would be here for me..."

"I am" Symere assures.

"I need you, Symere" Jordan whispers into the speaker.

Hearing this makes Symere feel a shiver running down his spine. It's so wrong but he can't lie to himself. He developed a little crush on Jordan.

"I-"

"I can't stop thinking about you, Symere. You're on my mind all the time. It's driving me crazy."

Symere is at a loss for words. He can feel his face heating up.

"Please. I need to see you. That's all I'm asking for."

"Jordan, you know that I can't- just visit you" Symere stutters.

"Why?"

"I'm not a family member, lawyer or close friend of yours. I can't visit inmates for no work related reason."

Jordan is quiet for a few seconds.

"What if...what if I promise to give you answers to your questions in return?"

"Another interview?" Symere asks skeptically. The last two ones didn't go very well to say the least.

"I promise I'm gonna be open this time" Jordan tries his best to convince him.

Even though Symere knows he should say No, he can't. His heart won't listen to his mind.