Chapter One - A Tiny Woman!

"This is so

"This is so...boring!" Misthel exclaims in annoyance as she crosses her arms and leans back nearly sliding off the seat. The carriage moves slowly over a open green field, it hopefully wouldn't take too long to reach Mirkwood, Misthel thinks to herself as she gazes out the small window by the carriage door. It almost seemed like some sort of a punishment by her ada...

Her being alone, trapped inside of this moving carriage without any company... haunted by her own thoughts about the arranged marriage and her duties of being a Lady of Rivendell.

He could at least have accompanied her! She thinks to herself as she remembered back on her departure from Rivendell...

"Now remember what I have told you... you represent us! So don't miss behave and try your best to fight off some of your natural instincts...such as being overdramatic, clumsy, stubborn and... " Misthel's ada lectures her. While his list goes on and on, Misthel gets easily distracted by their servants loading off all of her luggage onto the carriage. Her ada sighed defeated after realising that Misthel was already being distracted and wasn't really paying any attention to what he was saying. He took a hold onto her and pulled her into a loving embrace, which caused her focus to switch back on him. "I will miss you my méla daughter..."

The memory of her Ada slowly fades... as she looks at her own reflection in the small window. She needs to be perfect, huh? She thinks to herself and her stare hardens as she searched for any visible flaw on her petite face. She sighs as her gaze lands on her braided hair crown. This wasn't very comfortably hairdo at all !

Being all dressed up and polished to impress her future father-in law. He had the last say... before they could make the engagement official. Not that she felt like getting married any time soon... but according to her Ada, its for her own good and of course for Rivendell... their homes future. It all depends on her...

Why her? Why not her older sister Arwen? Couldn't she fulfill this duty instead of her? Not that she had anything against Legolas... But something inside her, tells her that she isn't ready...to go through with it just yet, not to mention that the young prince was more of a brotherly figure than a romantic interest in her eyes. The doubt and fear begins to fill her mind... her body tenses and her grip on the door handle tightens.

However her worried thoughts gets interrupted by a sudden loud sound coming outside from the front of the carriage. Wait... was that the warhorn ? She thinks to herself.

At once the carriage stops, causing Misthel to fall from her seat and land on the floor. She gets up on her knees and takes a peek outside the window, all the guards stands ready with their weapons drawn, prepared for a fight.

For a second everything is quiet and Misthel almost thinks that it was just a mistake, but then..... a small pack of Orcs appears in the distance, rushing towards them in an ambush from the forest on her right.