A darkness rising

"A blue streak? How unusual. I didn't notice before. How did you manage to gain such an. Unusual feature. Hm?"

The lady was getting way too close for Varian's comfort, a nervous chuckle escaping his throat. "You know what. How about I just tell you how to get to Corona?" He would suggest, stepping back until he tripped over some rubble and fell onto the dirty ground.

The lady still had his bag, so it wasn't as if he could run right then and there.

She would watch him fall onto the ground, No reaction seemed to show as she just moved on to rummage through his bag. The vials are all still labeled. "Such interesting things you have in here? I assume you made them all yourself. What a smart young man." The stranger would go on to say.

"Listen, lady. I just want my bag. If you can please just give it back-" Before he could get up to move closer, a knife was suddenly in front of his face, causing Varian to freeze in fear. She would take a few steps closer to him, holding the sharp knife to his face.

"Now. Tell me all about what's happening in Corona."

Rapunzel was pacing back and forth in the throne room, waiting on Varian with her parents. "He said he wouldn't be long on his trip to retrieve the bag. He has to be somewhere.." She would look towards the doors periodically as if expecting him to come through them at that moment.

The door did open, but it was only Varian's father, Quirin. "I looked everywhere he would be. And checked with the guards. There's been no sign of him. We can go check the location he went to, to see if everything is alright?"

Before Rapunzel could answer, her father stood to speak. "I will send the guards immediately. Quirin. I need you here. If he is indeed in trouble, I need you here just in case.. " He would give the man a look that would cause Quirin to agree.

He bowed down to the King. "Yes.. your highness."

"Captain. Take some men and go find Varian, and quickly." The king commanded.

"Yes, your majesty." Eugine hearing the orders, turned to the other guards, and would tell them to immediately follow him. Before anyone could say another word, they were gone.

Rapunzel could feel some fear swelling up in her chest. Something felt really off. Like a darkness was beginning to loom over them. Something was coming, and she wasn't sure if they were ready to face this new danger.