Prologue

Prologue

"Kyro!" I laughed, trying to make him stop from tickling me. 

"Stop it! Hirap na akong tumawa, please!" I said, still laughing. 

Tumatawa lamang siya habang patuloy pa rin akong kinikiliti. Alam na alam niyang malakas ang kiliti ko kaya pinagti-tripan na naman niya ako! I already forgot how we went from watching movies to him tickling me like crazy! Ang alam ko lang ay masaya akong kasama siya ngayon. 

He stopped after a while and I caught my breath as I dropped myself on the bed, tired from laughing so hard. May ngiti pa sa aking labi nang nagkatinginan kami. Umakto siyang kikilitiin akong muli pero agad kong pinigilan na ikinatawa niya. 

Bigla siyang tumigil sa pagtawa at tinitigan ako kaya naman agad akong naconscious. My smile almost dropped but he started to speak.

"Ang ganda mo."

Ramdam ko agad ang pag-iinit ng mga pisngi ko matapos kong marealize kung ano ang sinabi niya. Para akong pinakuluan sa sobrang init ng pakiramdam dahil sa halong hiya at kilig. Grabe, sa ilang taon naming pagsasama, hinding hindi ako masanay sa pagiging expressive niya!

"Your smile is so beautiful, babe. I hope you never lose it." He said genuinely. His eyes were almost sparkling as these words slipped out of his mouth, para bang seeing me smiling like this was something so amazing that it brings him that sparkle.

I smiled at him. Lumapit ako sa kaniya at unti-unti siyang niyakap. His warm hands immediately wrapped itself around my body. His scent filled my nose and the comfort it brought me is truly undeniable.

"You're the reason why I have this beautiful smile, babe. Kaya kung ayaw mo 'tong mawala e 'wag na 'wag mo 'kong iiwan!" I jokingly said. He smiled at me and hugged me back, kissing my forehead as he did so. 

"I love you, Paris."

Nilingon ko ang simbahan nang nakita na narito na kami. I felt the warmth of the sun as its rays met my skin. I sighed deeply, appreciating the good weather today. Inayos ko ang gown na suot dahil halos nagusot na ito sa pagkakaupo ko sa sasakyan habang papunta dito sa simbahan.

Naglakad ako palapit sa entrance ng simbahan, the sponsors and other wedding participants were already lined up before us, siguro ay kanina pang inasikaso ng mga organizers at mas inayos lamang nang makita ako. The guests gave me a warm smile when they saw me and I returned the favor.

Hindi nagtagal ay nag-umpisa na rin ang paglalakad ng mga abay papunta sa harap. The church was decorated in such a pretty way. Flowers were thrown on the red carpet laid in the church's aisle as the flower girls walked through it. Sa gilid ay mayroong vases na puno ng iba't ibang makukulay na bulaklak, and I noticed that some of it were my favorite ones. Peonies. I smiled a little at the sight, for sure the organizer prepared a lot for this wedding, given how extravagant the decors were. 

Nawala ang atensyon ko sa detalye ng simbahan nang may tumayo sa gilid ko. Nilingon ko ito at nakita doon si Daddy na nakangiti sa akin. It was the kind of smile that was comforting, the type that says everything will be alright. I smiled back. Inalok niya ang kaniyang braso sa akin para maiangkla ko ang aking kamay doon bago kami pumila sa dulo, hinihintay ang hudyat na pwede na kaming maglakad papasok.

Nang naglakad na ang huling pair sa unahan namin, agad na kaming sinensyasan ng organizer na pwede na raw kaming sumunod. He was escorting me gently while we walked towards the altar. My mother, who was supposed to be here too sadly passed away from a heart disease a few months back. I was truly torn to pieces as I bid her my final farewell, but the thought that she won't have to suffer anymore somehow comforts me. 

Pinatigil kami sa gitna ng aisle para kuhanan ng pictures, at agad naman kaming ngumiti ni Daddy sa camera. The photographer smiled at us once he was done capturing our photos. Ngumiti naman ako pabalik bago nagpasalamat sa kaniya.

I returned my attention in the front at agad na nagtagpo ang mata namin ni Kyro. He smiled when our eyes met, and when I smiled back, I saw how he bit his lip and turned to the side. Kinuha niya ang panyong nakatago sa kaniyang bulsa at bahagyang nagpunas ng kaniyang luha habang pinapanood kaming maglakad papunta sa harapan ng simbahan. 

My heart clenched at the sight, huminga ako nang malalim. Trying to stop myself from shedding tears like him because my make up will surely be ruined if I do so. His navy blue, three-piece tuxedo suits him very well. The sight of him made me certain that he would be such a good husband and father to his future children and unlike earlier, this thought made me feel warm inside.

I smiled for the last time before I made my way towards the chairs provided for the sponsors. The ones already sitting there acknowledged my presence through smiling, pansin ko ring pinagtitinginan ako ng iba pang tao na naroon sa venue, pero ngumiti na lamang ako at umupo. 

The doors of the church started to close as the last set of sponsors walked down the aisle. Ang mga photographers at videographers na nasa simbahan ay muling inasikaso ang kanilang mga gamit para ayusin. Two organizers were by the church's double doors, waiting for the signal from their co-staff. 

The loud creaking of the double doors echoed through the many walls of the church. Ang liwanag na galing sa labas ay unti-unting binalot ang simbahan na kinaroroonan namin. A silhouette emerged from the light, slowly making its way inside the church. The long veil dances with the wind as if it was meant to gracefully perform today. Indeed, the main character is here. 

Her wedding dress fitted her body as if its her own skin. It was an off shoulder satin dress with a sweetheart neckline. The top of her dress was adorned with sequins and small pearls as its skirt remains plain. 

The cameras of photographers and attendees alike started to shutter as she walked on the red carpet, her smile was wide as she did so. Huminga ako nang malalim, trying to compose myself as I watched her from my seat. Hindi kalaunan ay tinagpo na siya ng kaniyang mga magulang sa gitna ng aisle. Her mom was shedding tears as she hugged her daughter and probably whispering sweet nothings unto her ears. Hindi kalaunan ay nagpatuloy sila ng paglalakad until they stopped in front of the altar where Kyro and his family was waiting. 

I bit my lip as I watched the scene in front of me. Kinailangan ko pang huminga nang malalim para muling i-compose ang sarili. I am silently standing in my place as Kyro took the woman's hand with his, gently guiding her as they make their way towards the seats in front, where the pair to be married are meant to sit. Hindi kalaunan ay nagsi-upo na rin kami, kasama ang iba pang mga guests. The mass started at hindi ko na alam kung paano ko nagawang manatili roon hanggang sa dumating sa parte kung saan kailangan na nilang magbanggit ng vows. 

"Bri, thank you for coming into my life." Tumunghay ako nang nagsimula na silang magsalita, Kyro was holding her hand as he softly stared at her eyes. That was how you looked at me before, Ky. 

"I never knew that I would need someone more than how I needed you." You told me that I was the only one you needed. Was it all a lie then?

Ramdam ko ang unti-unting pagkadurog ng aking puso habang pinapakinggan ko ang vow na binibitawan ni Kyro para kay Brianna. It was as if I could hear my heart slowly falling until it finally shattered to pieces, unmendable.

"I'm so excited to spend a lifetime with you." 

You were excited to spend a lifetime with me. 

"I love you, Bri. 'Till my dying breath." 

I smiled sadly, this is not about you, Paris. It was never about you.