Chapter sixteen: The last piece

Okay... Before I start this chapter I would like to tell you something. In a past chapter I talked about the Clone Lord using Copy Cat, Icicle, Stretch and Blaze to steal a gadget. I did not delve in much. I am sorry. So some stuff about that would be seen in this chapter, so if you get lost, just go back to the the chapter "Clash of Twins." Thank you for your co-operation.

Days had passed since the squad had encountered the Clone Lord. Jordan had a burning rage for the Clone Lord at the moment because of what he attempted to do to his friends and for taking his brother away from him. Blaze on the other hand was still contemplating in his head and thinking, whether it was a mistake to join the Clone Lord or not. He missed his friends a lot. At the moment he had mixed thoughts and feelings.

While, Jason continued to think, Ryan walked into the room and said, "Jason, I have a mission for you." He reported to the actual agency quarters where he was briefed. The Clone Lord said, "We are left with just one piece of technology, needed to complete our mission." Jason confused asked what he was talking about and the Clone Lord replied, "The reason why I sent you to steal that gadget is because it is one of two pieces I need to complete the machine to give people powers. As you may know, most brains are unable to effectively receive the power without any  damage being caused to their brains. But these parts will solve that problem. So I will be going with you, Icicle, Stretch and Copy Cat to retrieve this gadget because it is held in a very secure location in Titanium Labs." 

Few moments later, they prepared and set out to go and retrieve the gadget. The squad saw them going towards Titanium Labs on their monitor which displayed the surveillance footage of the city and called the CEO and told him that they would be coming there to protect them because a bunch of criminals were after their tech. He replied, "We do not need any protection. Our security system is flawless and no one can successfully steal anything from here." With that he hung up. 

Meanwhile in Titanium Labs, the criminals were successfully penetrating the security of Titanium Labs with ease. They beat up everyone in the place and went to the place where the technology was kept. They successfully stole the gadget they needed.

Jordan said, "It seems we have to do this without permission." The squad got ready and went to Titanium Labs. When they got there, there were numerous of guards lying on the floor unconscious. "We were to late," Chris said. Jordan did not agree with that. He used his super speed to look for the villains. The squad followed him or at least they tried. Jordan arrived at the scene and as usual tried to talk the bad guys into stopping their evil act. They ignored and tried to get away when Jordan electrified the street causing their vehicle to get partially dismantled. They got out of the vehicle.

And Icicle shot a glacier at Jordan. He dodged it with ease and run and gave Icicle a punch. While he was dealing with Icicle, Stretch launched himself with his elasticity and tried to give a kick of his own when Norton used his telekinesis to launch an object in between his foot and Jordan,  causing him to kick it instead. Jordan turned and saw the squad. A battle soon ensued. They were outnumbered because of the Clone Lord's clones but either way they fought with their heart. They fought and fought, the Clone Lord and his team managed to down the squad after moments of continuous and intense fighting  and locked them in power dampening cuffs and took them to the lair blindfolded.

I am sorry that this chapter was quite short. They happen once in a while.  Thank you for understanding.