𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓽𝔀𝓸 • 𝔀𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓵𝔂

I feel cliche- kill me-

✿ミ

"𝐇𝐘𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐇! 𝐇𝐘𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐇, 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 open the door!"  Loud knocking could be heard from virtually the entire floor as Gon and Killua stood at Hyacinth's door. They had ran after her just a bit too late, and now they couldn't get the girl to utter a single word. She was sitting curled up on her bed, unconsciously twirling the cross pendant around her neck in one hand and rubbing the tattoo on her neck with the other. 200578. It still held harsh memories. 

"Hyacinth, could you please let us in?" Gon pleaded, momentarily stopping his fist. "I'm not really sure what happened but please, at least talk to us."

Dammit. Hyacinth didn't know what to think. They saw her eyes, and they were scared, what is she supposed to do now? Yet they're banging on her door begging to be let in. It's all so confusing.

She heard another disturbance in the hallway, heavy footsteps pounding on the ground towards her room. "Gon! Killua!"  It was Wing's voice. "Boys, it's not long before it reaches midnight! You haven't learned Nen yet!"

"But Hyacinth is still-"

"How long have you been knocking?"

Killua faltered after being interrupted by Wing.  "Um... about twenty minutes."

"And she hasn't even responded?"  The pair sorrowfully shook their heads. "She's not coming out."

A weight of reality crushed Hyacinth's shoulders as she not only heard Wing's words, but realized what she had interrupted. They were all supposed to learn Nen so they could get past Hisoka and register on the two hundredth floor. It would be her fault if the boys didn't register before midnight.

Please... Please, don't worry about me, just go register.

Of course, none of them could hear her thoughts. 

"Wing, I don't want to leave her." Gon pleaded. Killua thought the exact same thing, even felt attachment, but he didn't know how to say it. 

"Gon, Killua, I'm sure Hyacinth will come around. Even if she doesn't tonight, she'll make it up to the two-hundredth floor in no time. "

"But-"

"No buts! Come one!" Wing turned and sprinted away, and very reluctantly, Killua and Gon followed after him. The silverette paused to stare at the door for a moment longer. God, he wished the brunette would let him in. But he ran alongside Gon, leading to the nearest place for them to learn Nen.

Having heard the entire conversation, Hyacinth was glad they left her to go learn, but at the same time, she didn't know what to think. There was an urge to let them both in, but she didn't want to get hurt. If she explained, then they would leave for good. 

So, she slowly got under the covers of her bed, hugging the soft fabric close to her body. A night's rest was all she really wanted now. 

🖇 🖇 🖇

The silverette boy walked gloomily through the walls of Heavens Arena, his white shirt hung over his shoulder. He should be elated that he made it to the two-hundredth floor in time, but... he was still upset about Hyacinth. It was almost one in the morning, and Gon had already headed off to bed. But Killua, without telling Gon, decided to go knock on the girl's door one more time. 

One knock, two knocks, three knocks. "Hyacinth?" Killua called out, quietly standing on the door. The previously asleep brunette opened her eyes in confusion, groggily turning over on her side. 

"Killua?" Crap. She instantly covered her mouth. I shouldn't have said anything. 

The male's eyes lit up. "Hyacinth, you responded!" There was no answer. "I know it's late, but could you please let me in?"

Internally heaving, the brunette girl didn't say anything. She remained under her covers, curling up and bringing her knees closer to her chest. "Hyacinth?"

Killua sighed and pressed his forehead to the door, opening his mouth to say something. 

"H-"

"No."

She spoke again. Killua lifted his head. That's some progress.

"Why not?" he asked back. There was no response from the other side of the door for a few long seconds, but eventually, Hyacinth decided to respond.

"Killua, you're not going to like me." The blunt words from her mouth confused Killua, he didn't know what she was talking about. 

"What are you talking about? I like you a lot."

Hyacinth winced, she didn't even know what to do. She never pushed someone she cared about away before, she never needed to, never wanted to. Once someone saw her in her shifted form, they ran away. I don't know why you feel that way, Killua.

"You won't."

"Why wouldn't I-"

"You don't know me."

Frustration rose in Killua as he listened to her go on, she was being so stubborn. Just because her eyes changed colors?! That didn't matter, he still liked her. All he wanted was to know why.

"Hyacinth, I don't know why you think I won't like you. I don't know why your eyes changed colors. Whatever the reason is, I'm going to accept you, if you think I won't. I just want to know why. Please, just open the door!"

The hybrid girl didn't know what came over her when she heard his words. Maybe she couldn't restrain herself any longer, or maybe it was just that she remembered Kurapika's endearing words. 'Aspiring Hunters' will have a different reaction that anyone with a normal life.' Is that why Killua was being so persistent?

Slowly, she slipped out from under the covers, and lightly stepped to the door. Unlocking the door and opening it a crack, she was greeted with Killua's surprised face. "Hyacinth!"  He wanted to hug her.

She left the door open for him and went to sit in the bed, and Killua joined her after closing the door. 

"Killua, do you want to know why my eyes turned scarlet, and the other looked like it was spinning?"  She cut straight to the chase. It had to be done. 

"Um, yeah." he said simply, scooting closer to her so he could hear her voice. 

"Okay,"  Hyacinth took a deep breath. "Killua, I'm a Kurta, somewhat. And I'm also something else. But I wasn't born that way."

The silverette was already confused. "What do you mean?"

"... Have you ever heard of the Amid clan?"

Killua thought hard over her question, though he didn't know where this was going. "I... I think so. Aren't they the people who can turn into a dragon?"

"You're right." she said. "I'm a mix of an Amid and a Kurta. However, I was botched. I wasn't supposed to be the way I am now."

Woah, she can turn into a dragon? Wait, that's not the point here! "What do you mean you're 'botched'?"

The multi-colored eyed girl sighed again, laying down vertically on the bed, her eyes wide open. "It does sound quite confusing when I put it like that. I guess I'll just explain everything from the beginning."

✿ミ

 Word Count: 1141