ψ 13 ψ

five days had passed since yongsu came back.

five days during which donghyuck was stressing more and more.

why?

as much as donghyuck wanted to go back under the sea, he couldn't leave mark behind. he couldn't abandon him like that. he was too attached to the boy to leave.

going back to his world won't only hurt mark. it will hurt donghyuck as well. donghyuck loved mark. he was sure about it now.

renjun and him had exchanged flying fish during these days, and, as much as renjun hated the idea, he was conscious of the link that had been tied between his best friend and the human. he couldn't deny it. donghyuck had never been this happy, and judging by how he talked about mark, the boy was surely in love...

"donghyuck...?" mark's voice calmed donghyuck down immediately.

the merman hummed in response.

"are you okay? you look stressed."

donghyuck sighed. "mark, i need to find this trident at all costs. i can't leave before i have it!"

mark sat on the bed next to the boy. "i know donghyuck, but we don't have much time left. only four days."

donghyuck scratched his head in frustration. "i know, but i need it."

"do you have an idea of where it can be?" mark rubbed the younger's thigh.

donghyuck shook his head. "it can be anywhere around your world... we just know the trident is above the surface, but we have no clue whether it is here or there. people have been looking for it for centuries."

"BOYS! DINNER TIME!" yongsu's voice came from downstairs.

mark and donghyuck didn't wait a second before rising to their feet and rushing down the stairs to have dinner. both boys were starving.

"did you go out this afternoon?" mark asked his uncle as he was displaying the different side dish on the dinner table.

"no. i didn't." he answered.

mark raised a brow. "really? i looked for you in the house but you were nowhere to be found."

"you didn't search well, i guess. anyway, help yourself."

mark shrugged it off.

mark didn't really care about his uncle's whereabouts. before donghyuck arrived in his life, mark didn't believe in mermaids, and knowing his uncle was determined to find one of those imaginary creatures, mark didn't mind about his uncle.

however, now that donghyuck is living with them, mark has to be cautious that yongsu don't discover him. that's why mark spends a good part of his day looking for his uncle, in order to be sure he won't discover donghyuck.

and during the last five days, his uncle would magically disappear. mark could search everywhere in the house; he wasn't able to find him. and when mark was asking about yongsu's day, he would say that he stayed home, which mark couldn't believe.

not that he cared actually, but he found it strange...

anyway, he knew his uncle was a strange person himself, so mark stopped asking himself questions and ate his meal.