ACCEPTANCE

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.

                         ***********
The palace was beautiful, I couldn't take my eyes off it.
I looked around till i was led to a room of my own as requested by the king.
I had a nice bath and scrubbed the dirt off me, it felt nice to smell good.
After washing up I was offered a black gown with a cloak by a very nice servant of the king.
I knew I had to prove my worth so I dressed like a true witch would.
I brushed up my hair and let It loose.
It was time to see the king.
While entering the throne room I made sure to ask about my mother.

                          **********
Seth's POV
She looked so beautiful in the cloak, I had to keep my eyes off her so i could concentrate on dad.
I don't know why I'm so drawn to her but I could see future with her.
I knew I had to convince the king to let her stay, and that I would do.

    CASPER'S POV
There was something about this child.
She needed help but didn't want to admit it.
What would make a girl this mature carry a dead body from a far distance.
Did she commit a crime?
Was she wanted?
I thought to myself as I sat on the throne.
I needed to get to the bottom of this..

                          **********
As I entered the throne room I noticed how the king and his son stared at me weirdly.
"Did I do something wrong?" I thought to myself.
"Was it the dress?"
The king looked like he suspected me of my mother's death while the prince looked like he would eat me if he got the chance.
"I'm right here you know" I said with a bit of sarcasm.
It was time to convince them.

  After hours of arguments between father and son and some tricks from me. The king agreed on letting me stay.
The happiness on the prince's face was surprising, at the same time intoxicating.
I was given a chamber of my own and a field for practice, requested by me.

   Hours turned into days,days into weeks,weeks into months.
I stayed every day crying and staring at my mother's body.
I tried all the spells in my mother's book but they all failed me.
I tried everyday without giving up hoping she would wake up and see what I achieved.
  One morning prince Seth decided to check on me while I was trying one of my spells.
I was caught by surprise to have the prince sneak out to see me.
After our formal greetings and small talks I decided to ask him to leave so I could continue my spells but he shocked me with his next words.
"I know how much she means to you, I lost my mother too,but one day you'd have to let go, starting now would be a good idea, she loves you and would love to see you doing better instead of crying over her".
"You could talk to me if the need arises".
I felt my heart ache badly.
"I'll always be here for you" he whispered.
I couldn't find words so I nodded and he left.
When he got out of sight the first tear dropped and millions followed.
I cried for hours until I couldn't find tears.
My heart stopped and died. Seth was right, I had to let go, and I did.
I moved on...