3. Discovery

(RaeAnna's POV)

I was in a state of complete shock. I have a brother that I know absolutely nothing about, nor do I know what kind of person he is. Is he like William? Why is he here? Why did he decide to tell me this now?

"So you're William's son huh?" I ask him, with Lincoln right by my side watching this guy like a hawk. "That's correct." He replies. "How come I never knew about you?" I question, skeptically.

"William had a bunch of secrets in his life, which I'm sure you know now." I shake my head, not believing this situation. "Why are you here?"

"Well I thought I had other siblings, didn't find out for sure up until 2 years ago. I figured we could get to know each other." My guard is standing straight up to its full height. I only trust a few limited people in my life. He seems sincere, but I can't actually get a good read on this guy. Lincoln cuts into the conversation. "I don't think that's a good idea." He tells the guy straightforward like the protective best friend that he is. I don't protest, just giving a little shrug of my shoulders.

"Hes right. I know nothing about you. How do we know you aren't just like William?" He chuckles light heartedly. "I take offense to that. I have spent my whole life trying to be the exact opposite of him. He is a monster. I've always hated him. I haven't even seen him in years, don't even know if he is still alive." This makes me smirk widely. "Well I agree with you there. I've always hated him to and no he isn't alive, not that anyone would know the difference. The world is a better place without garbage like that."

He eyes me for a moment. "How do you know he is no longer alive?" I look over at Lincoln, neither one of us answering that question. He lifts his hands up in the air in surrender. "Okay you don't have to tell me. But for the record I'm glad he isn't alive anymore." He says. "That makes three of us."

I receive a text from my grandma.

'I can't make it sunshine. Can you get a ride home with Lincoln? Feeling sick. Love you.'

'Sure Gramma I love u to.' I hit send.

I put my phone away, turning to Lincoln. "My Gramma cant make it. Can I ride home with you?" He nods. "Ofcourse you don't even have to ask Ann. My dad should be here soon."

We both turn back to my brother, still skeptical of him. "So what's your name? Since you already know mine."

"My name is Jayden. Jayden Abbott." I Look to Lincoln then turn back to Jayden. "Abbott huh?" Weird, I think to myself. Lincoln looks a little taken aback. "That's my last name to." Lincoln tells him. "So if William is your dad then who is your mom?" I inquire. "I don't know much about her, just that her name is Audrey and I got her last name." My breath catches in my throat, Lincoln loses the color in his face. Jayden takes in the expressions on both of our faces.

"What?" He questions us. I inhale then exhale a sharp breath. "Audrey Abbott is his moms name." I point to Lincoln. This just got a whole lot stranger.

Jayden just smiles. "So you're my little brother huh? Small world."

"But..wait my mom.. Our mom said she only met William about 3 years ago." Lincoln says. "Well she lied to you then. I know for sure that Audrey Abbott is my moms name and I know that William Easton is my Dad. I'm 20 years old, about to be 21. They have known each other way longer than 3 years."

Shackles around my heart (Book #2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें