Prologue

A hooded spirit was floating to the castle in the dead of night.

She spread her bat-like wings and took flight, all the way to the tallest tower, where the Vampire King Xanthus and Queen Loredana kept their newborn princess Tourmaline asleep. The black hood and cape covered her almost completely and allowed her to melt into the shadows. Of course, the only one window at the tower was barricaded with iron bars that were impossible to break, but nobody could outsmart the Devil Queen. The queen Adrienne took out a black-liquid bottle and drank it, and she managed to squeeze through the bars easily as if she'd shrunk, but she could just squeeze through like an octopus.

It was pitch black in the room, but Adrienne's eyes easily tracked down the crib at the far left corner near the door where the baby lay. She tip toed over, her velvet cape sliding across the floor towards the crib. She readied the ring that was on her finger that allowed her to use magic, and was about to perform a spell to teleport the baby to her lair, the baby woke up and shrieked. A loud crying scream was loud enough to wake up the whole castle.

It takes long to get this brat to the Underworld, the queen thought. She growled in frustration and set the first curse that came into her mind on the wailing newborn.

Soul and soul linked to enchant,

Must be gifted with what I grant.

The ring glowed and a sharp and bright red lazer shot out of the ring into the baby's chest. A moment later two dark red scars appeared under her left eye, marking the spirit of the devil inside every Underworld people.

I linked her soul with my own, Adrienne thought, There is still another way to defeat the Vampires. She got my powers and soul, and I can control her and make her do what I want.

Queen Adrienne suddenly heard clanking of armour and thundering footsteps coming closer to the room. She cast a dark look at the baby, who was still shrieking and crying in the crib, before squeezing herself through the bars and leapt into the air. She spread her wings as she glided into the night, and heard shouts after her. But she continued to fly and her fastest speed, leaving the guards dealing with their 'pretty bLoOdY princess'.