Chapter 8: Pulled Duet

The next weekend, the Abby Lee Dance Company was seen in Detroit, Michigan arriving at the Cobo Center, which is where WILD Dance Intensive, which is a competition affiliated with Starpower was being held at, Chloe and Maddie had solos, Nia and Paige had a duet along with the usual group dance, they were all there except for Megan and Sylvia were visiting some family in New Lenox because of a family emergency and Jill and Kendall weren't there either because they were suspended because of Jill verbally fighting with Abby and Shane. Nia and Paige's duet however, was in doubt because of Nia's condition, RND also known as Reflex Neurovascular Distrophy, which was a condition where pain symptoms were magnified and since she had it in her right foot, the duet might not happening and Abby and Shane helped at first, but however, Holly was giving them grief over it. Also, Sophia and Jackie left the team since Jackie told them a family emergency came up and they headed back to Los Angeles. In addition, they found out earlier that week that they were gonna gave to face Cathy and her all boy team again with Gino having a solo to go up against Maddie and Chloe and Cathy's crew had a girl around 12 named Ayla DeGuzis and she was the only girl on Cathy's current team.

After the van that the ALDC were riding on arrived, a stretch limo arrived next and getting out was Cathy, Vivi, the Candy Apples dancers and their mothers.

"Did you all come from the big stupid bus from the windy city?" Cathy taunted. "Hey, Abby, you know what, your three kids won't make it look any worse."

Shane rolled his eyes. "Cathy, how about you shut those lips? It's no wonder why the teams in your state haven't won a championship in recent years!"

"Yeah!" Lauren and Skye added.

"Shane, Lauren, Skye, please." Cathy mockingly responded as the ALDC went in the Cobo Center.

"What are we?" Jalen asked.

"Apple Core, Apple Core, Apple Core!" The boys and Ayla all chanted as their mothers looked on, then Shane and Abby both told them where the boys were from.

"What is your point?" Loann asked. "Are you both saying that every dancer from your dance studio began and finished there and never danced anyplace else?"

"Yeah." Abby replied.

"I rest my case, but i bet those three trolls you call your kids couldn't beat out boys!"

"Ma'am, i bet you talk to your family like that!" Shane shouted as Melissa, Christi and Gianna were holding him and Abby back.

"Listen, metal head! I don't talk to my family like that because they'd never talk to kids like that!"

"It's not worth it." Christi said calmly.

"Let's get ready." Skye stated as Melissa, Christi and Gianna pulled Abby and Shane back from Cathy, the boys and their moms as they walked towards the dressing room.

"Mom, why must we be cursed with a moronic enemy like Cathy?" Lauren asked.

"I don't know why." Abby muttered. "But it sure grinds our gears."

"Yeah." Shane agreed.

"Cathy needs a insane asylum. I bet that's where she was born." Skye commented.

"Good one." Abby commented.

"You two ok?" Gianna asked.

"Yeah." Abby and Shane responded.

"She knows how to stir the pot." Christi stated. "Their moms are worse then we are."

"At least you moms are all tame." Shane said as the moms laughed, then they arrived in their dressing room and minutes later, Melissa and Christi began to get Maddie and Chloe ready for their solos, then Holly started to argue with Abby and Shane about where Sophia was.