Chapter 1

The birds chirped outside. The sun was out, but a big cloud covered it. The sky was grey and it was pouring rain outside. 13 year old Rosalina looked outside the window holding her stuffed animal wolf. She named it Cataleya. She didn't care that she was 13 and had a favorite stuffed animal.

The windows were damped and she passed her finger on it and doodled, she sighed. She wanted to go play outside but her father said it was too dangerous right now. She didn't understand why. Before, she was allowed to play in the sun and in the rain and now she was barely allowed to go outside. Her parents watched her very carefully now and always checked up on her. 

She loved her parents a lot. She especially loved their wolves. Her mother's wolf was a nice brown mixed with white and her father's wolf was a grey mixed with white. She often saw them shift when they would take their run together. She absolutely loved that. Her father said that she had a wolf inside her too and was to never tell anyone about it or them. She sighed once more, she wanted to see her wolf and experience shifting, but she was only 13 and she hoped that she truly did have a wolf in her. 

“Mi Rosa..” 

Her mother said softly, her mother often spoke spanish to her since her mother was spanish. Her mother placed a bowl of food on the table for her. She saw rosalina her face of sadness. She knew her daughter wanted to go play outside, but ever since the news they couldn't afford to lose their precious rose. 

Rosaline forced a smile on her face and made her way to the table. She loved her mother's cooking and so did her father. Today she didn't help her mother in the kitchen like she normally does. Today didn't feel right, as if danger lurked around. 

“This is amazing mi amor” 

Her father said.

Rosalina her mother smiled. And took a seat.  

“Yeah mom, this is amazing as always” 

They all sat and ate their dinner. Rosalina looked at her mother's face and her fathers. Something wasn't right. Her father was eating a bit quickly and her mother kept looking around. Her father held her mother's hand. Something was definitely up. And before she knew it there was a big slam and the door flew open from their house.

Instantly her mother came up to Rosalina, her father stood in front of her. They looked at each other for a brief moment and her father kissed his wife like it would be their last kiss. They turned to her and pulled her into a deep hug. 

“Ronaldo! We know you’re here!” 

A man shouted. Rosalina looked at her parents. She was afraid and scared. She had no idea what was happening. Why did the man shout her father's name? 

“Mom..Dad what's happening. Please im scared” 

She said as tears swam in her eyes. Her mother kneeled down in front of her. 

“Listen to me mi rosa. No matter what happens tonight. Your father and I love you more than anything...when you run, do not look back. Not even for a second...trust your wolf” 

She said those last words in a whisper. Rosalina shook her head and was about to cry. Tears were already streaming down her cheeks. Her father placed a kiss on her head and looked into her eyes. It was as if they were saying goodbye to her. She didn't want a goodbye, she wanted safety for her family. 

“Mi rosa remember all that i've taught you. I love you” 

He said. Before he can even utter another word the men came into the dining room. They looked very big and scary. Rosalina hid behind her mother. She was shaking.