Chapter One

CLARA

Ring.. Ring.. Ring..

I woke up abruptly due to my phone's alarm blaring next to me. 

"Ugh, can I ever finish the dream?" I cursed under my breath at no one in particular. 

"Clara, you're gonna be late for school if you don't get up already!" My mom shouted from downstairs as the smell of bacon filled my senses. Now that will surely get me out of bed. 

I rolled over in bed, shutting of my alarm in the process. I winced when I felt the cold tiles under my feet as I walked over to the bathroom. 

I've been having the same repetitive dream of this mysterious boy. I have no clue what's his name or who he is, and I only see him in my dreams, or at least I think so. All I can go by is his looks really. I told my best friends but all I get in return is a couple laughs and the same response, "Maybe you should stop obsessing over Chris Hemsworth and he'll stop showing up in your dreams." I mean, have you seen Chris Hemsworth? I can't be the only one.. 

I brushed my tangled hair from the night before and managed to put it in a sloppy ponytail on my way down the stairs. 

"Good morning, mom." I smiled and grabbed a sandwich she handed me. 

"Good morning, honey. How'd you sleep?" I haven't told her about the dreams that have been occupying my sleep these past few days yet. 

"Good." I mumbled through a mouthful of bread. 

A loud horn rang in the drive way cutting out conversation short. I got up swiftly and grabbed my book bag off the couch. 

"That's Emma, gotta get going. Love you mom." I kissed her cheek as I passed by her, grabbing a water bottle out the way. I closed my front door and waved at the enthusiastic girl listening to One Direction on blast. Leave it to Emma to be this happy at this time.   

"Mornin' Em!" I hopped in the car as she smiled and she turned out of the driveway onto the main road to school. 

"So.. Any updates on the boy?" I rolled my eyes at her attempt at a wink. She's the only one who's probably more invested in this than me. 

"Nope, nothing yet. Same old." I groaned and Emma gave me a sympathetic look, deciding to not press the topic any further and turning up the music again. 

This boy has been running in circles through my mind all week now. How is it possible to dream of the same person more than once? Nonetheless, a week? What if he's dreaming of me too? The thought comes to mind constantly but I always shrug it off. That'd be crazy.. Right? 

I was brought back to reality when the car came to an abrupt halt and I noticed we were in the school parking lot already. 

"Wow, that was faster than usual." I noted as I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car. 

"Right? Zero traffic, lucky us." Emma giggles as she made her way around the car to me. We walked together towards the school's entrance, maneuvering our way through the groups of people talking among themselves in the courtyard. 

"Do you think he goes to school here?" She questioned with an excited look. Oh no, I know that look. It's her "investigating look" and when she gets it, no one can convince her otherwise. 

"I doubt it. I think we would have noticed by now, don't you think?" I opened the door for us and she followed suit. 

"Yeah but you're the one who knows what he looks like specifically and you never look up from your books or your phone to notice anyone?" She laughed to herself. 

'Ha..Ha. So funny, Em." I rolled my eyes at her. "He's probably just in my imagination, must have seen him somewhere and didn't realize.."

"Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself.." She smirked and I swatted her hands that were forming a heart. We reached the end of the hallway, saying our goodbyes for now since we had different first periods. 

I walked into my Literature class, already dreading it. Don't get me wrong, this is my favorite subject, but our teacher makes it totally impossible to enjoy it. I must have jinxed myself as our teacher said his first words of the day.

"Good Morning everyone. I hope you read the chapters I assigned from 'The Great Gatsby' because we will be having a quiz in five minutes." Mr. Williams chuckled at the students' groans that came rather quickly. "Get to it." I opened my book to the chapters and started reviewing as much as I possibly could in five minutes. 

.

Finally, the last bell of the day. I practically ran out of the class. I turned a sharp corner, bumping into someone and falling on the ground along with my books. Great

I heard laughing from above me and looked up. I was shocked to meet a pair of ocean blue eyes I had never seen before. He kneeled down beside me helping me pick up my belongings. 

"Sorry. I didn't notice I was going so fast.." I got up, dusting my pants. Now that we were similar in height I looked at him again. He had brown curly hair that covered his forehead a bit which made his blue eyes pop even more. 

"Hello? Oh dear, you didn't get a concussion did you?" He waved his hand frantically in front of my face to get my attention. 

"N-No.." I blinked. "You didn't." I simply stated still with wide eyes. 

"Haha, good. Had me a little worried there." He said letting out a sigh of relief as he handed me some books I didn't pick up. He looks just like someone I know? I can't quite place my finger on it though..

"Have you been here all four years? I don't believe I have seen you before?" I managed to ask him. 

"No, I just moved here during summer. My name's Noah, Noah Harrison." He extended his hand with a warm smile. I went to shake his hand but was met with an electric shock that ran through my fingers. "Ouch! Did you feel that?" He chuckled with a confused look. 

I looked back at him and then it clicked. This is the same guy from my dreams. Could it be possible? No right?