Chapter Two

NOAH

"Are you excited?" I looked over to my cousin, Jonah, who was smiling at me with a mouth full of ice cream. "For your first day tomorrow?" 

"Yeah.. A little nervous too." I shrugged, turning on the television on my way to the couch. 

"Don't be. I can assure you you'll fit in just fine." He chuckled.

"What makes you so sure?" I inquired.

"Well, we look alike which will help you." He motioned towards his face which earned a slam from the pillow next to me.

"So funny, Jonah. Anyways, what classes do we have together again?" I asked. 

"I believe homeroom and calculus."He said, turning up the tv's volume higher. 

I tuned out after that and started thinking about the dream I had once again. Every night I have a different dream, however, they always feature the same girl. I have no clue who she is or why she's in my dreams. I haven't told Jonah yet, he'll probably make a stupid comment about me being "whipped" to a fictional character. 

"I know Jennifer Aniston is beautiful and all, but I find it hard to believe she's the reason behind that goofy smile. What's got you in such a trance?" I was brought back to reality and looked at Jonah on the couch next to me. 

"What? I can't smile cause this show is good?" I shook my head, getting up to grab some water. He thinks I'm talking to a girl and won't tell him, which in a way, I guess he's right?

I heard the familiar footsteps coming down the hall and smiled when Jonah's mom appeared in the kitchen next to me. "Boys, it's getting late. You guys should be getting ready for bed by now." She said which earned a groan from Jonah. 

"Thanks again for everything, Mrs. Burchfield. For letting me stay here and everything." I said, scratching the back of my head. 

"Remember, it's Amanda. We're family, it's the least I could do. Your uncle comes home from his business trip tomorrow night, he wanted me to wish you luck on his behalf for the first day." She offered me a warm smile. 

"I'll make sure to thank him before I go to sleep, Goodnight Mrs-Amanda." She laughed at my correction and passed by me to the kitchen. 

"I'm off to bed. Night, Jonah." He offered me a salute, not looking up from the tv while doing so, which earned a laugh on my behalf. 

I walked over to my room, shutting the door. I got in bed and stared at the ceiling for a while. It's crazy how your life can change in a matter of seconds. Just a few weeks ago, I was all the way in Seattle with my family and now I'm in California starting a new school. Without another thought, my heavy eyes finally gave in. 

.

I woke up a few minutes before my alarm rang, just wallowing in my bed for a little longer. I groaned as the thought entered my mind, another night, another dream. I turned off my alarm before it was able to ring and walked over to the bathroom. I got ready fairly quickly, not wanting to miss breakfast. 

"Top of the mornin' to ya!" Jonah said ruffling my hair. I laughed and followed him downstairs. 

"Morning, boys! I made blueberry pancakes!" My mouth practically watered as she placed a plate in front of me. Within seconds, Jonah and I devoured the pancakes. 

"We better get going now, we have twenty minutes for school to start," Jonah noted and I nodded, grabbing my book bag from my room and coming back down. We said our goodbyes to Jonah's mom and walked out towards his car. I hopped into the passenger seat and the car roared to life. Jonah put his playlist on shuffle, and not to my surprise the speakers blared Drake. I rolled my eyes at him. This guy loves Drake, and I mean loves Drake. I looked out the window as we passed the different streets. Everything is still new to me since I have only been here for a few days. It's very different from Seattle that's for sure. But a good different.