02.

"I got this" I repead in my head as I drive to school. My first class is music and I'm alone. None of my close friends are there with me. That means Ryan won't be there as well. Everything got pros and cons huh? I check myself one last time through my mirror, before leaving the car.

Shit's getting real. Oh god why am I so nervous? It's just the first day of school, what could happen? "Selena!" I turn around with the biggest smile on my face. "Alejandro!" I fall into his arms. God I really missed him over summer. He was in south America the whole summer, and it shows. He was already tanned but now he's almost orange! We talk about the summer, while walking into our school. "Is it true that Ryan and you--?" I cut him off. "Yeah. We didn't work out." I laugh slightly. "I'm so sorry that I couldn't be there for you." That's why I love Alejandro! He is one of the most genuine people I've ever met! I change the topic by asking him what his first class is. "I think maths." He froms a gun with his hands and pulls the trigger on his head. I laugh and say goodbye to him, beacuse we gotta go in different ways.

It's going good so far. Why did I even make such a big thing out of it. I have my friends and they got my back with or without Ryan. After I finally find the classroom for music I recognize that I'm almost alone. Just a blonde girl and a boy are in the classroom. As I walk in they look at me like I did something bad. I get these looks a lot since I hang out with the popular kids. What most of them don't understand, not all popular kids are mean.

I sit down next to the blonde girl. "Hey, I'm Selena." She's shocked. I can tell by the way her eyes widened. "Amy." She says shyly. "Do you mind if I sit next to you? I barely know anyone in this class." I give her a friendly smile. She understands that I have absolutely no bad intentions and we start talking.

The room starts filling up, but Amy and I continue talking. She wants to be on the cheerleader team since nineth grade but she couldn't bring up the guts. Good for her that I'm the captain of the team. "Hey just come to the auditions, there's nothing you have to be afraid of." She nodds happily, but her smile fades as she looks at something behind me. I turn my head to the door where I see Ryan and Grace Walker kissing each other. No sorry, that's a whole make-out session. I turn my face to Amy again. "Are you good?" She asks carfully. "Couldn't be better." I answer her question smiling. Fuck..