THIRTY FIVE

[WARNING: EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT IN THIS CHAPTER, SO READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION! :)]

ISLE LEMNOS, THE UNDERWORLD.

PERSEPHONE

THE IVORY MOONLIGHT CAST HIS FACE INTO GLORIOUS SHADOWS AS HIS IMMORTAL LIPS TOOK MORE AND MORE AND MORE.

I could not feel the sand beneath my feet. I could not feel the silken grains slip through my fingers. I could not even feel the cold, singing breeze, the flying embers of Lethe's dying fire - the only thing I could feel, could know, could touch - was him.

He was everywhere.

Everywhere.

Our eyes met in a silent moment of understanding. And if I had ever any doubt before - it ceased to exist. And I knew. I knew.

"All of me is yours," I murmured. "I am yours, Hades. I want to be with you. Take me. Claim me. And make me yours in every way possible."

I seized him in an urgent kiss, even as Hades gasped in surprise, our lips sealed into something stronger than I had ever thought was possible. I needed him. I needed this. Like a wildfire blazing down a forest, searching, searching, searching for oxygen to consume.

"Tonight," he promised, a silver grin playing on his delicious lips. "Tonight, I make all your dreams come true."

"Dreams? Or fantasies?" I whispered, toes wet from the peaceful river lapping at our heels. He chuckled, catching his breath in a husky rasp, a finger twirling about a strand of my hair.

"Both. Does it matter, my Queen?" he grinned, a breathtaking smile breaking over his face. "Oh, Perse. The things I am going to do to you."

The sheer intensity of his smile knocked the breath out of my lungs, leaving me reeling in wonder. So beautiful. He was so beautiful. How could a thing of such beauty, such perfection even dare exist in this cruel world?

"So many things."

"You better get to work, my King. Unless you're all about empty promises?" I teased, trailing a finger down the outline of his jaw, marveling at just how the moonlight in the water reflected in the depths of those deep grey eyes - and the fact that he was mine. He was all mine.

"Now you've made it a challenge," he bent to touch his nose to mine, gently bumping it in a lover's nudge. "And I take challenges very... very... seriously."

I let out a delighted shriek as his strong hands wrapped around me, lifting me off the ground bridal style. A delighted laugh broke from my throat as he carried me off the beach, purpose clear in his eye.

"Backing down so soon?"

"You wish," he smirked at me. "Unless you'd like to give Hypnos and his family a show on the beach."