Chapter 3: Unhappy

[Three Months Later....]

Live has been good. I've finally been able to focus more on school and more free time without the boy trouble. I even signed up for cheer leading. Marquis still bothers me from time to time but I ignore him. I was an emotional wreck in the beginning but Melissa talked me through it and now I'm the happy butterfly i used to be.

Melissa and i have got closer since I've had free time on my hands. We've become inseparable like we used to and we were always with each other. Just this weekend we spent the entire weekend together. We got ready for school and she drove me there. The entire ride she was telling me stories about her exes.

She held up her pinky unable to talk without laughing, “He had the nerve to say it was big! was this small!”

I laughed, “Did you eat that shrimp?”

“No. Momma don't like seafood. ”she joked and set us both off laughing.

We walked in the school smiling hard still making jokes. I walked with Melissa to her locker as she told me about this new boy.

“His name is Chad. He's just to die for. I would eat his light skinned ass up!” Melissa told me. I brushed off the whole boy thing and then I seen someone I've been avoiding.

I turned around and started to walk away,  when he caught up to me, “ 'Thena! I wanna talk to you! ”

I pushed his hand off me, “We do  this every Monday Marquis. Go on with your life. ”

“I ain't never going to stop loving you. You the love of my-” he confessed to me.

I smacked him, “Don't lie to me Marquis. How you love me when you messing around with Sasha?”

“I didn't know what I wanted baby. I know now. ”

“Bye Marquis. ” I got a little bit down the hallway and then be ran down the hallway and grabbed me.

“But i love you! And I'll never stop-”i slapped him in his face.

“Don't say that false stuff to me. Have fun with your life. ” I walked to my classroom.

I was a bit early so I decided to play a few rounds of Candy Crush before the teacher walked in the room. The room started pouring in with students one minute until the bell and Mr. Koejic came in. He had a  specific rule that said if any students talk he would wait until everyone was quiet. It took 5 minutes for the class to get quiet. He started talking and my brain was automatically shutoff.

When the teacher started talking about the bubonic plague I just gave up. Then the door just opened.“It was the first time in history that everyone had lost at least one family member. But with the decreased popu-”he turned to the door, “Can you sit down? ”

“Can you shut up? ” the boy scoffed an attitude back. He walked to his desk right beside me.

“Class this is Chad McNeal. Make him feel welcome cause I sure won't.”he turned around and started back with his lesson.

Chad smiled at me, “Look at his moustache it's bout to fall off. ”

I laughed even though it was lame. I was going to keep my promise about not being with boys but it would be nice to have a boy as a friend.

[Regular POV]

Marquis was disappointed. He decided to skip out on school today. He texted one of his side pieces and told them to meet him at his house. He got to his house in ten minutes and the girl was sitting on his porch on her phone. Once she saw him she ran to him and started kissing him. Marquis pushed her off slowly and walked her in the house. They sat on the couch and talked a bit before the girl started kissing on him. All he could thinking about was Athena.

Without her he was unhappy.

A/N  I'm sorry about the wait but what you guys think? Votes give me motivation so vote! And read my other book called T.H.O.T.