Chapter 1

(Ciara's outfit above)
-----------------------------------

Ciara's POV
It's been a month since the apocalypse started, and I was no more accustomed to it then at the start. I stayed away from the city's, afraid of the amounts of walkers inside. I had to eat though and I was running low on supplies, so I decided to go into Atlanta to gather what I could find.

Going into the city was easy, but it was getting back out that I was afraid of. So far I hadn't seen Too many walkers, there were a few stragglers here and there, but but for the most part it was ok.

I remembered a department store I had been to a few times before and decided that it was the best place to start. When I got to the front doors I noticed they were broken, most likely by walkers, as I walked into the store I heard something that sounded like a man screaming. The sound was coming from a higher floor, so I started to go up the stairs.

When I got to the top I saw a few walkers trying to get through the door, which was somehow chained shut. After I quickly took them out with my knife I started to pick the door.

Don't ask me where I learned to do this, it was just something I picked up after locking my self out of my house a couple times. After what felt like hours of trying to get the lock to open, it finally did. When I got out onto the roof i saw a man handcuffed a pole.

"Merle?" I gasped. Merle and I had been friends, if you can believe Merle had friends, before all this. Here he was, handcuffed to a roof, looking about half dead.

"Ciara! How the fuck you last this long princess?" He said with a smirk.

Ignoring his comment "More importantly how did you manage to get handcuffed to a roof."

He scoffed, "There were words said and officer friendly got mad and handcuffed me here. Making it worse the guy who had the key, T dog or something, dropped it down the drain."

"Of course you got into shit, should have expected it from you."

"Aw come on princess," he said while playfully glaring at me.

I walked over to where he was handcuffed and started to pick the lock. Once I got it open I grabbed some water from my bag and threw it at Merle. "Drink," I muttered.

He didn't have to be told twice, after he finished off the bottle he just kind of stared at me. "What?" I asked.

"Nothin, you just look different is all. Are you here alone?"

I took a great interest in the floor, not wanting to look at him. "Ya," I barely whispered.

"What about Ceasar, your parents, they all gone?"

At the mention of my family I glared at him, "I don't wanna talk bout it Merle!" I yelled gritting my teeth.

Something I never thought I would see on Merle's face appeared, pity. "I lost Daryl too, he was with the group who left me here, so who knows where he is now."

I sighed, "Come on Merle lets get off this roof." I grabbed his hand and we went off to find away out of this hell hole.