Chapter 16

Ciara's POV
I woke up to someone's hand going through my hair, tugging it when there were knots. I lifted my head to see Daryl watching me. "Hey." I whispered, sitting up and smiling at him. "How you feeling?" He scoffed, "Right, stupid question."

He looked at me with worry, "Merle didn't hurt you did he?"

"Really Daryl, your worried about me? Have you seen yourself lately?"

He rubbed my cheek with his thumb, "I'll always worry bout ya darlin." I got up and sat beside him on the bed, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Where's Merle?" He asked.

I scoffed. "I don't know, and I really couldn't care less."

"You know he loves ya, right." Daryl said. I leaned away to looked at his face, seeing if he was serious or not, he was. "He always talked bout ya, not like he did all his other women, but like you actually meant something to him. Always said you wouldn't want him, cuz he's just a piece of redneck trash."

"Then why did he say he'd never want a bitch like me." I asked confused.

"I don't know Ciara, he's like me, says a bunch of shit that he doesn't really mean." I sighed and snuggled into his arm.

"Did you mean what you said last night then?" I asked him.

"Mmhmm." he mumbled, playing with my hair. I leaned my head back and kissed him on the cheek.

"I'm gonna go find Rick, okay?" I said trying to stand up, only to be pulled back down.

"You gonna leave me here all alone without a proper goodbye?" He asked with a playful smirk on his face.

His face clearly told me what he meant, slowly, I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer. It was a sweet kiss, not like before. His hands cupped my face surprisingly gentle, it was weird how someone like him, who acted so tough, could be so sweet.

I pulled back and stared into his beautiful Georgia blue eyes. "Was that a good enough goodbye for you?" I asked.

"Coulda done better." he said teasingly.

"Smart ass." I grumbled, getting off the bed. I could hear him chuckling as I left the room.

I went out to the front porch and sat down on the railing. I hadn't had the time to take in the farm, but it sure was amazing. There was a huge barn across the field, trees were every where. There were a few bigger sheds beside the farm house, the stables, the graves where we buried Andrea and Otis, and a beautiful garden. "Beautiful, isn't it?" A voice behind be asked.

I jumped, and would have fallen off the railing if they hadn't grabbed me. "What the hell Rick! You scared the shit out of me."

He laughed, "Well I'm sorry, but you didn't answer my question."

I rolled my eyes, "It's is, can't believe it's survived this long. It seems that almost everything beautiful in life gets destroyed now a days." I sighed, then remembered why I was out here, "I was actually out here looking for you Rick."

He raised his eyebrows. "For what?"

"I wanted to know where Merle was." I said.

Rick scratched the back of his neck. "We kinda put him in the shed." He pointed to one of the sheds beside the house.

I shrugged, "That's reasonable. It's okay if I go see him, right?"

He nodded. "You want me to come with you?"

"No." I said shaking my head. "It's okay, I need to talk to him alone. Rick gave me a worried look. "He won't hurt me Rick."

He nodded, "Alright then, if anything goes wrong just shout." I smiled at him and left to go to the shed.

It was actually pretty nice, a bit beat up in places, but nice. I opened the door and saw Merle on the floor leaning against the back wall with his head in his hands.

"Merle?" I asked. His head shot up at the sound of my voice, and the sight made my heart break. He looked broken, his eyes pale and empty, the only thing in them was sadness.

"C?" He whispered. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what I was doing. It's just when I saw that you guys had, you know, it was like someone else took over my body. The last thing I remembered was pushing you against that tree, and then I woke up here. I didn't mean to do those things C, I just-" By now I had walked over to him and sat down in front of him.

"Stop," I said, cutting him off. "I know why you did those things, and you had every right to. We hurt you in the worst way possible, and I can't fix that." I looked up at him, I could feel my eyes watering, tears threatening to spill. "I just don't want to loose you Merle, I can't loose my best friend."

He grabbed me and pulled me into his side, where I broke down and sobbed into his shirt. "You haven't lost me princess, I'm right here." When I stopped crying he said, "I don't think we ever were suppose to be anything more then friends."

I smiled at him. "It just didn't seem right, but you'll always be like a brother to me."

He grinned, "Ya really think so?" I nodded. "God, Daryl's gonna fuckin hate me."

I frowned. "He doesn't hate you Merle, he's your brother. He's understands why you did it, he probably just wishes you didn't have to beat the shit out of his face in the process."

"I got him pretty good didn't I." he chuckled.

I laughed. "You sure did Merle."

"Eh, just teaches him that if he ever hurts you, it'll be ten times worse then that."

"Thanks Merle." I stood up and reached my hand towards him. "You coming? Or am I gonna have to drag your ass out of here?"

He grabbed my hand and shoved me gently when he got up. "Shut up C." I laughed and grabbed his hand, pulling him outside.

"Oh and ever say that shit about me again Merle." I said turning to him. "Im gonna beat your ass into the ground."

He laughed, " I wouldn't doubt it princess."

As we got closer to the camp Rick saw us and started walking over. "What the hell is he doing out here!" He yelled reaching for his gun.

"Rick!" I yelled, pushing him back a bit. "Its fine, we're good now." He looked at me and then back to Merle.

"Just stay the hell away from my family." he growled, staring daggers into Merle and walking away.

"Well ain't officer friendly in a great mood, huh princess." he said nudging my side.

I scoffed and grabbed a plate of food and sat down by the fire with Merle. When I finished I through my dishes in the tub and grabbed a plate for Daryl. "Hey Ciara." Glenn called.

I turned to him, "What ya need Glenn?"

"Want to come on a run with me and Elena today?" He asked, motioning to the girl sitting with Shane.

"Sure." I said smiling at him. "Just let me take this to Daryl and I'll get ready."
He nodded and went back to eating his food.

When I got to the room Daryl was in, I set his food on the side table and went to leave since he was sleeping, or so I thought. "Where ya going?" He asked in a groggy voice.

"Hey," I said. "Didn't know you were awake. I brought you some food incase your hungry. I'm going on a run with Elena and Glenn so I won't be back till late."

He nodded. "Be safe, okay." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

I leaned forward and kissed him quick. "I will be, don't worry."

"Always." he smirked.

I scoffed, "Shut up Dixon."

Right before I closed the door I heard his voice, "Ciara?"

I stuck my head back in. "Yes?"

He grinned. "Grab me some smokes if you find any."

I rolled my eyes, "Fine." I shut the door and went to meet Glenn and Elena by the Hyundai, they were already there waiting for me. "Sorry I'm late."

Glenn shrugged. "It's fine, you ready?" I nodded, and we climbed in and we headed out.