Chapter 16: A Dance in the Night

(Wow! Sorry about this being so late! I have a job (nothing dangerous or able to spread this terrible disease!) which took a lot of work yesterday, and I started on The World Ends with You! I then realized that I had a lot of stuff I wanted to write about this chapter! So sorry! Won't happen again! As for this story, if you are not ok with suicide, then skip this. It does touch on that subject. I wanted to show that Marianne isn't alone and has friends who are willing to help her. I hope I did that justice with Claude and Hilda. Now, enjoy this chapter!) 

(Dimitri's POV)

                  I am still lying awake in bed. She actually accepted to go out with me!

"I would have never expected you to be a romantic person. Must run in the family" Joshua said with pride as he nodded at his descendant.

"I really hope not. He doesn't need your crummy luck" Cangdi said with an eye roll.

I honestly do not care about what they are talking about right now. I am just relieved to know that she did want to go to the dance with me. I sat up in bed as a horrible through came into my mind. I have no idea how to dance at all!

"Don't worry, oh descendant of mine. You have the luck to have me be your ancestor! I shall teach you how to dance!" Joshua reassured him with a smile.

The next day, I worked with my ancestor about how I should dance with Beresu. As I was dancing, I wondered how my friends were doing. After all, they tend to be chaotic, and I don't know how they are going to get themselves a date either. Well, I know two of them should I have a date.

(Byleth's POV)

I was looking at my roses as Edelgard and Flayn were having tea and biscuits.

"I honestly do not know why you are nervous. I assumed you and Dorothea were together" Edelgard said as she took a sip from her tea.

"Exactly! I assumed the two of you have a healthy relationship!" Flayn exclaimed as she ate her cookies.

"I feel like I should. I need to do a proposal of some kind for these events" I explained to them in a calm voice as Ephraim appeared from my bracelet.

"He's actually been practicing with his twin after she accepted Dimitri's proposal" he said with a smirk, "Such a classy man. I had to fight my wife's brother for her hand in marriage"

"It was such a funny event!" L'Arachel exclaimed as she popped out of Edelgard's headband and twirled towards Ephraim, "I could never forget how angry my husband was about this! His face was so red!"

Lyon laughed on the side as Ephraim rolled his eyes. At least my ancestor was able to confess and declare his love for her. I don't believe I can do that in this time period without causing some kind of trouble.

"I am positive she will say yes. This reminds me of when your father did the same thing to your mother" Tianhuang said with a distant smile, "He gave her flowers whenever he visited her. Her face would light up in delight as she saw the flowers. I believe this will be fine"

"Thank you, Tianhuang. It is nice to hear someone's positive input than a reckless one" I confessed to him.

"Well, if you are worried you don't have a wonderful relationship with Dorothea, I suggest you make a move before anyone else does. After all, who knows who is going to ask her to the dance" Edelgard pointed out as she placed her cup down on its own plate.

She has a point! I have to find her! Then, a box of chocolates was held in front of Flayn. You have to be kidding me. I saw Ignatz handing it to her!