Chapter 1: Blast from the Past

The situation is such that Abir does leave Mishti at the resort. But as he is getting closer to home, he feels restless and is sick worried about Mishti. He realizes he shouldn't have just left Mishti at the resort. He thinks that since they are already close by, he will drop off Kunal Kuhu and head back to the resort to pick her up.

As Kunal and Kuhu are getting off the car, they see a taxi stop by and Mishti gets out of the taxi. Abir is surprised to see her. As Mishti is paying the taxi driver, Kunal approaches her and asks if she is ok. Kunal with little annoyance, "Mishti, if you were ready to come home, why didn't you just come with us?" Mishti with a straight face and tears in her eyes "I was ready Kunal. I didn't know that waiting for 2 mins for me was a big deal. You guys left. I thought maybe you guys just didn't want me around" looking towards Abir. Abir looks down with guilt. "Anyways, let's go inside." Abir is about to say something to Mishti but Parul and Nanu approach them. They are happy to see the kids and they all put a smile to make sure no one can smell the issues that just cropped up between them. Everyone walks inside and they are greeted by Meenakshi. Kunal apologizes to Meenu for not informing her about his trip and they go back to discussing their business.

Mishti walks away quietly to their room. She gets to unpacking their stuff and Abir slowly walks in. As soon as Abir tries to get close to her, she walks away. Abir tries to make small talks with her but isn't really successful in getting any response from her. Abir decides to not beat around the bush and just apologize for leaving her but a call interrupts him. He closes his eyes in frustration and sees Badi ma's name on his screen. He immediately composes himself and answers the call. "Abir, how are you beta?" Badi ma asks with concern. "I am doing good Badi ma" Abir pressuring on Badi ma just so that Mishti can look towards him. "How about you?"

"I am doing good Badi ma" Abir pressuring on Badi ma just so that Mishti can look towards him. Abir noticed as Mishti briefly paused what she was doing, before continuing to unpack her things "How about you?"

"I am good, beta. Actually, I have been trying to reach Mishti for quite a while. I just got a little worried about her and thought to call you instead. Is she around you? Is she ok?" asks a concerned mother.

Abir glanced over at Mishti, overcome with guilt, realising that Mishti must have been avoiding speaking to Rajshri incase she suspected something was going on between the two of them. Rajshri asks again and that brings Abir back from his thoughts and he makes his way over towards Mishti as he responds, "Yes Badi ma. Everything is ok. Your daughter is right next to me. She was just cleaning the room and maybe that's why she didn't pay attention on her phone." Abir takes his phone closer to Mishti and informs Rajshri that she is on speaker. Mishti stops what she's doing & looks down at the phone, refusing to make eye contact with Abir as Rajshri gets a little mad at her for not answering the call and tells her how after marriage she has just forgotten them. She glances up at him briefly, meeting his gaze as his eyes fill with remorse, before looking down, for shame.

Mishti with little regret in her voice responds, "Badi ma. There is no way I can forget you and Bade papa. Do I even have anyone else other than you two?" Abir's heart breaks when he hears Mishti say that. He wants to pull her in a hug but he knows he has made this situation far too delicate with his impulsive behavior. "Why could I just not wait or approach her again? Why did I have that ego?" Abir gets mad at himself. Rajshri feels something is wrong but doesn't dwell much into it when Mishti distracts the discussion towards the reason for her call. Rajshri informs Mishti about the upcoming Ghanguar festival and how she wants to celebrate it nicely since its Mishti's and Kuhu's first ghanguar. She informs them how she has already spoken to Meenu about it and both the girls need to come to Maheshwari house tonight since they have to begin the prep early tomorrow morning. As the call ends, Mishti steps out of the room before Abir can even say anything. Abir realizes the extent to which he would have possibly hurt Mishti but he decides to make it up to her anyhow. He wants to make sure everything is ok between them before their ghanguar festival. He wouldn't want to celebrate their day of love with so much stress and tensions around them. He decides to go to Maheshwari's house with the girls so he can have as much time as possible to talk to Mishti and apologize to her and sort out the issues between them. As Abir gets ready to leave with the girls, much to the girl's surprise, Kunal decides to join them too, much to Meenu's annoyance. Meenu decides to handle Kunal IN her way once he is back from the ghanguar festival.