Chapter 2: The Bigger Picture!

"I know! If taiji were alive, she wouldn't have let that happen to me. She would have fought you and everyone and wouldn't have sent me away like you did. She fought with my mother once, when she wanted to send me to boarding school. She would have fought with you too." speaks Mishti with determination and wipes her tears away. She is about to walk out of the room, but stops, turns around and says

"Was I really not worth it? Haan Dadi? Was it so easy to let go of me? To not love me?" cries Mishti, looking towards her grandmother. Devyani is about to say something but Mishti walks out and leaves Devyani heartbroken. While Rajshri and Bhabhima take care of heartbroken and sobbing Devyani, Abir goes behind Mishti.

Abir frantically looks for her in the house but she is nowhere to be found. He knows his angry chorni now needs him more than ever. Truth to be told, he needed her as much. He had to make sure she was in front of his eyes, safe and sound. Afterall, she was his oxygen. As he is looking for her, he notices that the front door is open. He is about to rush out of the house when he is stopped by Kunal. Abir informs Kunal to go to his room and look after the boys and that he is going after Mishti. Upon being asked the reason, Abir told him he doesn't have the time to go into any details as he needs to look for Mishti. But he will let him know once he gets a chance. Kunal understands Abir and lets him go. Abir requests Kunal to not inform anyone about this, especially not Kuhu. Kunal nods in agreement and Abir leaves.

On the other hand, Rajshri is trying to calm down Devyani, who is constantly apologizing for her actions and how it would have hurt Mishti and this family. She apologizes on behalf of Naman, who constantly troubled them. Rajshri kept reminding Devyani that she had nothing to feel sorry for but Devyani was heartbroken today. Even if she wasn't responsible for anything else, she knew she was responsible for hurting her granddaughter. Truth to be told, she somewhere knew that Mishti would be very upset. But now that she had to finally face her anger, she knew she wasn't ready for that either. Some accusations were right and some were wrong. But she knew it didn't matter. She now understands that she could have handled this situation in a better way. "But would it matter now? After 14 years? Would Mishti ever be able to forgive her?". She thought she could handle her grandchild's anger but with her questions and accusations constantly reverberating in her ears, it was getting harder for Devyani to face it. She had to do something. She just didnt know how and what!

After making sure Devyani was ok, Rajshri decides to leave the room and contact Abir. But before she could call him, she ran into Vishambhar. Knowing his wife well, Vishambhar could easily read his wife's face. He knew something was wrong and requested her to be honest with him. Understanding that there was no point in hiding anything from him, Rajshri shares everything that transpired between Mishti and Devyani. Vishambhar was upset. He knew that his daughter's past still did affect her. But he had no idea that they were still very fresh. "Where did I go wrong? What did I not do? Why was I not able to heal my daughter?", thinks Vishambhar, being worried sick for his daughter. He wanted to anyhow talk to Mishti but Kunal, who had happened to hear that entire conversation comes and calms them down. He told them what he knew about Abir going behind Mishti and that his bhai will bring his bhabhi home. He promised to inform them as soon as he heard something back from Abir.

Following his intuitions, Abir went in search of Mishti towards the market, their usual tea stall spot. And there she was! Sitting on the bench, lost in her thoughts. Her back was facing him. He slowly started walking towards her. He had so much to say to her but words were constantly playing a war in his mind. He just didn't know where he should start. Abir tries practising sentences before approaching her but nothing seems to make sense to him. He only found slapping himself for coming up with stupidest ideas at this time. He just thought to not beat around the bush anymore and directly just apologize. As he slowly approached her, Mishti could sense him coming from the back. She straightened her back as she senses the decrement in the distance between them.