Wrong From Right

Megan's POV:

After finishing the song, Mal and I turn to 'dad'.

"Do you want to make up for being a lousy dad?" Mal asks. She holds out her hand. "Give me the ember."

"The ember only works for me." He replies. 

"No, it'll work for us. We're blood." Mal replies. 

"You're both only half Hades." He replies. "The ember won't do everything for you both that it does for me."

"We'll take our chances." I reply. 'Dad' then drops the ember into Mal's outstretched hand. She smirks and walks away. 

"If it gets wet, it's game over." He warns. Mal then waves goodbye and walks away. 'Dad' looks down to me. He reaches over and takes some of my hair gently in his hand.

"I see you got some new looks." He replies. 

"Yeah, about that. What does it mean?" I ask. 

"It means that the ember unlocked some of your powers. The necklace that your mother gave you, it harnessed your power- making it stronger. When you took that away, it didn't have anything to hold on to, so it hid itself in your body. The ember brought it back to the surface, gave it control that you lacked when you first used your powers." He explains. "And as for the blue, that's your inner Hades." 

"Great, thanks." I reply. He then grabs my hand. 

"And what's this?" He asks. 

"An engagement ring. You might have seen one if you stuck around long enough to get married to mum." I reply. 

"For the record we were married." He replies. 

"Then you should know what it is." I reply, looking up into his eyes.

"Who?" He asks. 

"My boyfriend, Alex." I reply. 

"The Royal Advisor chap?" He asks. I nod. "Well, make sure he treats you right."

"I will, he's good to me." I reply. He nods. I then hold out my right hand, he places his right hand in mine. We shake hands. "Maybe I'll see you soon." I say with a smile. 

"I'd like that." He replies. He then takes off a ring from his finger. 

"Take it, so I'm with you." He replies. 

"Cheesy much." I reply taking the ring. He gives me a small smile which I return. "I should probably catch up. Bye." As I leave I hear him chuckle. 

"They're my girls." He comments quietly. Which shockingly brings a smile to my face. I place the ring on my fingers and see it only fits on the index one, since it was on his little finger. 

-*-

Celia, Mal and I walk out of the caves. 

"I guess that's the reason why he's always asking about you both." Celia comments. Mal stops in her steps. Celia and I turn around. 

"Evie is the only one who knows he's our dad. And as far as we're concerned, he doesn't even exist." Mal replies, a twinge in my heart when she says the last part. Celia nods and walks off, I look to Mal with a small smile, which she returns, hiding my hand behind my back slightly. 

-*-

When we get back to Dr Facilier's place, Jay and Carlos are playing pool. Celia rushes up to her dad, while Evie comes over to us. 

"Mal, Meg. Did you talk to your dad?" She asks us.

"I don't really want to talk about that." Mal replies instantly. 

"Yeah." I comment quietly, not really sure which statement I'm saying yes to. Carlos sees us coming and turns to us. 

"Did you get the ember?" He asks. Mal nods and holds it up. 

"Any chance that our bikes are parked in a locked garage?" I ask. 

"Uh, yeah. Not so much." Carlos replies. 

"The only way back to Auradon is the bridge." Mal replies. 

"Well, I'm glad I wore my comfortable shoes." Evie says, making Mal and I laugh.

"Yeah, we still need the remote to open the barrier though." Jay reminds us. 

"Great." Evie replies while Carlos sighs. Celia then comes over with the little gold remote in her hand. 

"I lifted it off of you." She admits, Jay turns to face her, "I thought it might be useful and it is."

"You are making it very hard to teach you right from wrong." Evie tells the girl. 

"Well, if they'll be responsible. Well done, Celia. I am very proud of your stealing ways." I say to her taking the remote from her hands. She smiles to me. 

"Bridge." Mal says, telling us where we're going. Celia then goes to stay goodbye to her father,  I wait for her while she hugs her dad from behind. 

"Over nighter." She tells him, she starts to walk off, but he calls her back. 

"Hey, Celia." He says, she turns and comes back. "Make sure you get your cut." She nods and starts to go, I walk back to him. He looks confused. 

"I'll look after her, Dr F." I tell him. 

"Thank you." He replies. I give him a smile and rush after the others. "Hey, Megan!" He calls, I turn to face him. 

"For what it's worth, you turned out much better than I thought you were going to." He says, I give him a smile and a nod and catch the others up. Sometimes villains aren't as bad as they seem. 

[Author's Note:

Hey all, 

The last part of this chapter was a deleted scene from the movie. I'm not sure why they deleted it since people were confused how the five were able to get through to the bridge. But I thought I'd put it in just incase anyone who reads this was confused.

Hope you're enjoying the story

Thanks for reading. 

Zoe]