INTRO

- This is an au in which when people die, they are "reborn" in one of two kingdoms, the kingdom of Light or the kingdom of Shadows (Referred to as simply either the Light side or the Dark side respectively). a/n: no, not star wars.
- You are reborn as yourself and remain the same age you were when you died as a human eternally as a spirit. And yes, you do remember how you died.
- Age in the afterlife is determined by how many years you have been in the afterlife, counting up one every New Year's. (everyone in the afterlife turns a year older on Jan. 1st. birthdays are still celebrated, but not recognized as the day you age)
- Essentially, you are placed based on the good and bad you have done in your life. If you were genuinely and generally good, you would be reborn in the Light kingdom, and likewise, if you had probably done more bad than good, then you would be reborn in the Dark kingdom.
- When you reach 18 years in the new kingdom, you are given wings that determine whether or not you truly belong on the side you were placed in. Black for the Dark side, and White for the Light side.
- ^^^^ Most people remain in the kingdom they were originally placed in. It's usually looked down upon to get wings referencing the opposite kingdom as it is seen as a disgrace to the normal ways/traditions and the way someone is essentially reborn to live.
- There is a stone brick bridge in between the two kingdoms (stretching all the way from the Light side to the Dark side).
- Every year, the kings of both kingdoms have a meeting at the bridge to make sure everything is at peace. The kings, although from the opposite sides, must get along well as it is their duty to make sure everyone lives well and happy in the afterlife, no matter where they end up.

I hope that all makes sense-

and yes, perhaps i did think about calling it "young wings" or "spread my wings" but we won't talk about that 👁👄👁

....coming soon....