Chapter 1: who are they?

Roddy woke up with a severe headache that morning," Damn, I'm never inviting Kevin to a party again."

He stood, the room still spinning a bit. Why did he throw a party on a boat knowing that he'd be seasick in the morning? He couldn't even make it to the toilet before he vomited.

The seasickness didn't make the hangover any better. Rita was there at the party and ran out halfway through, and came back at. 3am this morning.

He could barely remember anything that had happened. Just that he'd been worried about Rita. And the flashing lights and music.

And Kevin. Damned Kevin.

He looked into the foyer, there was a broken apart kareoke machine. He looked at the broken screen words in marker scribbled across the screen said" ICE COLD RITA"

Roddy cringed as he remembered. He had gotten drunk off margaritas and tried to impress Rita, then she'd left. Probably from embarrassment.

"Oh,jesus" yelled roddy panicking. There was a monkey stabbed to death on the carpet. Its body was so tiny.

Rita was on the couch sleeping. Roddy sighed with relief.

There was a knock at the door. Sid was standing at the door with a smug look on his face ," might wanna return this" he handed roddy a bloody knife" you might want to dispose of this, mate"

"Sid!" Roddy gasped. At first he thought Sid had murdered someone, but he looked to the bloody mess. It could barely qualify as a monkey now. "You... You monkey killer! And you're trying to frame me?"

"Yes, they are more likely to put me in the slammer, than you." He said stupidly.

Roddy sank to the ground in disbelief. No way was this happening. Tiny monkeys were endangered. If he got caught with the knife, or the body, his life would be over. Right when he and Rita were about to move to a new boat and start a new life together.

"First tell me what happend, Sid"

"Well, you threw a bitchin' party but things went wrong FAST."

Roddy sighed. "Kevin."

"Kevin," Sid said. "Anyways, you blacked out on margaritas. While you were busy with the karaoke, I was stealing your snacks to take home and eat later. I'm budgeting right now."

"What the hell, Sid" Roddy said angrily, " that was all the food we'll have this month, you know I can't financially support my family" he slamed sid up against the wall.

"Look,Roddy, I'm sure we can figure something out" Sid said almost crying," let me go grab my wallet"

Sid ran out of the room," SID,YOU LITTLE BITCH,GET BACK HERE!"

He heard a huge splash outside. Roddy ran to the deck to see Sid thrashing in the water, swimming away.

Roddy yelled, but there was no way to get Sid back. He groaned. Now he was stuck with a dead, endangered monkey and the murder weapon.

He then wanted to go wake Rita. Still stumbling be found her in the foyer. She was standing on the balcony, with her white robe.

Rita looked a little green. Roddy hurried to get her a half empty bowl of punch. She vomited into it.

"Hangover," they both said at the same time, smiling at each other.

"So, um," Rita said. "The monkey?"

"Yeah, just put it in the water"

"We have to clean this place up" Said Roddy shockingly looking at the mess closer. At first it didn't look so bad, but looking at it closer you could notice smaller things like a tupper ware container, contains ants and cockroaches, there was money scatter by it, someone must have bet fights between the insects.

"Fuck," Roddy said quietly. How could they clean this all up?