Prequel: Episode Shadow

Before we get to the real story, I just wanna show Shadow's side of the story.

It was one month before Team Egg Rocket took over the world. The first time I encountered him.

Rouge: Shadow, Raichu, we've got a report from the Intelligence Division. They've located an unknown base of operations that seems to be totally outside the chain of command for Team Egg Rocket's army.

Glameow: There's a large scale troop presence... suspiciously large for a place with no strategic value.

Raichu: I could only surmise that Team Egg Rocket would do something like that without reason.

Glameow: No kidding. And there have been reports that they have been developing some kind of new weapon, so...

Shadow: Looks like this won't be your garden variety recon mission.

Rouge: Do it to it boys. Omega went on ahead of you, so you can link up with him onsite.

Raichu: Me and Shadow can handle it our way.

Rouge: Omega said the same thing. You guys go together like chilli and hot dogs!

Shadow: Cut the chatter. We're on our way.

???: Ha ha ha! The world's most powerful robot is no more a challenge than Crabmeat. As I suspected, this power is without peer. It is the ultimate strength! Ah, and still more wonderful, a not so tall, dark, and brooding guest and his little rat have arrived. I've been waiting for you, Shadow and Raichu.

Raichu: What did you do to Omega?!

???: Weaklings like him are of no consequence. Come now, Shadow and Raichu. Our long awaited reunion, and still you spout such nonsense.

Shadow: I don't know you, and the only thing of no consequence around here is that big mouth of yours.

???: Ha ha ha ha! Ah, I suppose you would think so. Oh yes. Ha ha ha ha! HA HA HA HA! I am Infinite. You say you do not know me, and yet I remember you so very well. To you, it was simply another in a long list of Team Egg Rocket bases you tore down without a second thought.

A couple of months ago...

Eggman: Hey, you! I know you can hear us!

James: You are captain of Squad Jackal, aren't you!? Your squad is useless! Go clean up their mess already!

Infinite: Yeah, yeah, I got it... You two. You two destroyed my squad. I'll show you why they call me the ultimate mercenary! Take THIS!

Shadow and Raichu were beating Infinite like it was simple.

Raichu: THUNDER!

Raichu's Thunder hit Infinite very hard.

Shadow: Worthless. Don't show your pathetic face around me or Raichu ever again.

Infinite: I... I'm shaking... Me!? Me... Afraid...!? Urgh. Pathetic!? Me... they're calling ME weak!? No! I am not weak! I'm... I'm not. I'm not weak! I AM NOT WEAK!!!!! ARGH!!!!!