Meet the 2021 GRAND WINNER

Blurb

Blurb

Diego never could quite get over her.

Sarah couldn't admit how much it hurt to lose him.

When these former high school sweethearts reconnect as part of a wedding party, can they deny the feelings that they have for one another? Or will who they've become destroy each of them for years to come?

Words from the judges

"This is shaping up to be the perfect guilty-pleasure romance to binge on a rainy day."

"The writing in this story flows so well and is a joy to read. This reader can't wait to see what will happen when these two characters spend more time together."

"Though the contest only required me to read five chapters, I went further than requested by my judging duties. That's how engaging this book is."

Meet the Author homespunhippogryph

Hi there, lovely readers!

I'm beyond thrilled about being named the Prime 2021 Grand Winner and to have the opportunity to introduce myself to the community! I'm a woman in her late twenties working in Aerospace & Defense – my work is challenging, and I take pride in excelling in a male-dominated industry.

I'm engaged to be married next year (woo!); my hubby-to-be and I have two large-breed dogs: a Boxer and a German Shepherd. We're both nerds who love anime and video games, but I can also be found having post-work drinks with colleagues or planning my next travel adventure.

I have my first Master (an MBA) from a top-ranked University and am currently enjoying some downtime from studying full-time (while working – not an easy balancing act). I'd love a second Master in Linguistics; I'm multi-lingual and can pick up a new language on the fly (as required by my travel schedule). So far, I've lived/worked/volunteered/studied in three continents!

Writing is a source of stress relief and networking for me, and while I'm not perfect at it... I do enjoy trying to improve every day. Black Ties & White Lies (BTWL) was an attempt at an adult romance that isn't always as predictable or light as a Hallmark movie. I'm glad that I did the story enough justice to place in this award, and I hope that this gives me a chance to meet more of this community!

Thank you for giving Black Ties & White Lies a chance... and remember that in life, nothing is ever black and white.