Chapter 19

I woke up feeling a weight on my stomach. I adjusted my position to see Krystal sleeping with her head on my stomach. I was awakened by a vibration. Trying to find the source of said vibration, I came face to face with my cell phone which read about 30 missed calls and 12 texts all from Ade, Ryan and Jane combined. Ugh! I did not get any until now. The signal in this place is blotchy. And its sudden that you get texts much less call. I thought I can go bring some breakfast for both of us and while I am out, I can call them back. I gently took Krystal's head and put my backpack underneath her head. I rubbed some of the toothpaste I bought for Krystal last night on my teeth and went to search for food. It was really early. And yes, I found out there are places open where I can find food at early morning in this town. I used to think this town woke up at around lunch time. But after my first week I found a donut shop that open at 8 am. Imagine my surprise!

I walked around the beach to get to my car to go to the donut place. I saw it was 9 am. Still early for me but at least it's not like its 6 am. I bought some donut and coffee and went to the shop I went last night to buy toothbrush to see if they have some more food items. I found small sandwiches not the usual ones and I bought several of them. While returning I decided to call Ade. To my surprise Jane picked up and started yelling at me.

"What the hell were you thinking? Where were you? Do not tell me you were at the light house? I was so worried. We were all so worried. You could have just texted you will not be back. I mean I would have understood. But this....oh god! This had me so worried. I was so scared. Ade could not even sleep last night. I didn't sleep either. But Ryan did not let us go to look for you in the light house. I was determined to go and bring you back. Why didn't you text me even?" Jane's voice sounded panicky and laced with worry.

"Hey Abbie, this is Ade. You could have texted. I know signal is not that good there. I know you needed it after what happened with Riley. I get it you know. And you seem to have a bond with that place I get you wanting to be alone. Just text us next time okay."

I heard Jane yell from behind her, "There will be no next time. No. I...I don't know what to say. I want to say I am grounding her, but I can't now, can I? I thought we were close Abbie."

"Jane calm down. I am really sorry for not texting. Honestly, I just fell asleep. I did not even realize I was fast asleep until I woke up with a text from Ryan and then I got all the missed calls and the other texts as well. I am really very sorry guys. I did not mean to scare you all."

"Its fine Abbie. When are you coming back? I am assuming you are not on your way back." Jane said tersely.

"What? How do you know that Jane?"

"Really Abbie? I know you. Ade is snickering at your question now and saying of course you will not come back now even if you were on your way back. I know that is not true at all because you will be back later, and you had no plans of driving back home now did you? Oh, by the way to answer your question I knew as soon as you called. Simply because you called instead of waiting a few minutes to face us. Now go do whatever the hell you do there. Just eat do not stay hungry. You hear me? Oh, and Ade wants to tell you to not just eat donuts."

"Thanks Jane. I already bought donuts and some sandwiches as well. Don't worry either of you. And Jane..." I took a deep breath before continuing, "you can ground me you know. You have the authority or whatever you want to call it. Don't ever doubt that. I umm... yeah. Okay. Good morning. Ha-ha that does not make sense now. Okay bye." I hung the phone I heard Jane take a deep breath and her breath hitch when I said she has the authority. I know it kills her that Ade is still married to my dad and that she cannot call me anything other than Ade's daughter. But the care and love she shows me, it's more than my dad or anyone ever gave me except now Ade. I wanted to tell her that, but I am not sure how to and also it might not be fair. I need to help Ade fast. But first I need to go back to my blue-eyed crystal beauty, Krystal. HUH!