Prologue

Prologue

The young girl sat at her desk, her eyes glued to the boring white brick walls. Her eyes were blank, the opposite of her mind. The girl was daydreaming, her mind traveling to the deepest parts of her brain and pulling out different things. Her thoughts slowly made a story, the oddest yet most simplest story you'd ever witness, if you had the chance.

Little did the young girl know, her teacher was watching her with those little beady black eyes. Her gray hair was tied so tightly and carefully, a stray hair couldn't be spotted. Ms. Tanner was the most intimidating, scariest teacher in the whole school. Dilly-dallying was not tolerated in her sight. No one could be out of line. And then there was her.

Was Rose Amberly, age nine, doing her classwork? Obviously not. Her purple pencil was on the floor, standing out from the spotless white tiles. Her twinkling green eyes looked like were staring somewhere far away. Her head was placed promptly on her chin, her mouth slightly ajar. The rest of the kids had their heads bent, pencils moving furiously across the worksheet laid out in front of them.

"Ms. Amberly, have you finished your work?" Ms. Tanner asked, her high-pitched, squeaky voice making the rest of the class look up from their schoolwork. The young girl jumped slightly, startled as well.

"Uh...yes?" She whispered. It was a lie. Her paper was completley blank, the evidnece was right there.

"No, you did not," Ms. Tanner argued.

"Are you sure about that?" Rose muttered sarcastically under her breath, causing a few laughs here and there.. Ms. Tannner's eyes grew wide as a dangerous shiver rolled down Rose's back. Oh no.  Let me tell you one thing, Ms. Tanner was not a forgiving person. This would not end well, at all.

"Do you think you're funny? Out!" Ms. Tanner shrieked, pointing a bony finger towards the wooden door. The young girl gulped, her cheeks turning a crimson color. She could practically feel the eyes of her classmates burning a hole in her back. She slipped out of the classroom, her heart pumping.

She stood outside of the classroom, mentally cursing herself out. How could she let herself do that? How could she let herself be so foolish in "Ms. Monster's" class? There was no "dilly-dallying" in her class. Never was, never ever will. There wasn't a minute you weren't cramming your brain with knowledge. So why had she let her mind wander off? Her punishment would be something painstaking, she was already positive about that. Her fingers fought each other as her eyes darted around the corridor.

She heard the creak of a door as her heart started to race. Rose's green eyes darted around the hallway once more. She found it was just a boy, a smug look painted upon his face. The wooden store slammed shut as the boy slid down the wall, not a care in the world. It was silence for a little while before the boy's voice broke the stillness.

"What'd you do?" The boy asked, standing up and moving closer to her. Rose gulped.

"Why?" the young girl asked. She expected the boy to be taken ababck and go sit back in his corner but it turned out he was the complete opposite.

"Whoa there girl," The boy said, revealing a smirk. "Didn't mean to make you snap." He tugged on Rose's collar, making her let out a small growl. She yanked it out of his grasp as he chuckled slightly. Goodness, was he annoying!

"You didn't mean to but you did," Rose pointed out. "And stop with that attitude. Now leave me alone."

"I just wanted to make someone like you act out. But if you need me, I'll be by that corner," He said, spinning around on his heel.

"I-I didn't do my work!" Rose blurted out suddenly once the boy was less than three steps away. The boy quickly spun around again, his baby blue eyes trained on her green ones.

"You didn't do your work?" He exclaimed in disbelief. She nodded as she clamped her pearly whites on her bottom lip. "Who is your teacher?"

"Ms. Tanner," She answered nervously as he drew in a breath. "Yeah."

"Don't worry. I mean, it can't be too bad, right?" He tried to liften Rose's spirits but to no avail.

"Are you mental? It's Ms. Tanner! She once made a student wash all the desks for speaking out of turn. She once make someone staple all her papers for taking too ling in the loo. I didn't do my bloody work. What can that result to? Only bad," Rose hissed at the boy whose name she didn't know. "What did you do?"

"Oh, I only made the class laugh when we were in the middle of the lesson. She's just having a bad day, that's all. She'll probably just let me off with a warning," He told me, popping a grin.

"Lucky,"

"Hah, I know!" He exclaimed, his smile growing even wider. "Hey, I like you!"

"Thanks," the girl said, chuckling slightly. "I like you too!"

"Wanna make a promise then?" He asked as Rose nodded excitedly.

"Let's make an oath to each other that once we get out of stinky school, we travel and become best friends. We see the world and forget about my mean neighbor and stupid Ms. Tanner. We do whatever we want and maybe, if we fall in love, we get married," Louis spoke excitedly. The girl laughed once more and they shook on it.

"Hey, what's you name?" Rose asked.

"Louis. Louis Tomlinson."

As they say, promises are made to be broken.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here so it'll really help if you could comment, vote, and possibly fan? It'll really mean a lot. Thanks! ♥♥

-Farnaz ∞