Chapter 22 - My Baby

*non proofread*

Christina POV

I woke up at 8am by the alarm from my phone I pre-set yesterday night. I slowly stretched my arm and legs then sat up from the bed and slowly walked into the bathroom to refresh myself and take shower. After 10 minutes, I walked out from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and walked towards my closet. After putting in my lace black bra and panty, I slipped in a pink blouse and a pair of black skinny jeans. I then put some light make up and my favorite perfume before taking my phone and put into my hand bag then walked down towards the kitchen. I smelled food coming out from the kitchen and saw Sophia and Abby were busy preparing breakfast.

Christina:"Good Morning ladies. Why are both of you awake so early? I thought of making breakfast for us but to my surprise, you guys already done it" I slowly pour some orange juice out for 3 of us.

Abby:"As usual I am hungry so when I woke up to search for food, Sophia is already here preparing breakfast. So I just help her prepare the plates and cutlery for 3 of us" she said while passing me my set of plates and cutlery.

Sophia:"I bet you guys must be tired so I got up a bit earlier to cook something for us to eat so you both can sleep longer but it seems everyone is up early unexpected" she said while segregating the scramble eggs, bacon, sausages into 3 plates while I took out some bread toast and put onto those plates.

Christina:"I want to wake up earlier to prepare food so I can go to the hospital earlier to see Ash. I can't really sleep much yesterday thinking about her. I wish everything can reverse back and I wouldn't do what I did and she will be here with me" I said while wiping some tears rolling down my cheek.

Sophia:"Don't blame everything onto yourself. No one will know what will happen the next second, okay. Ash will be sad IF she knows you blaming yourself for her injury and for something we all have no control on it. You don't want her to get worry by looking at your puffy and red eyes right?" she said while rubbing my back to calm me down.

Abby:"Christina sweetie, trust me and everything will be okay and Ash will get better in a blink of an eye. Let's start eating so we can go to the hospital early" she said while passing me the butter for my toast which she knew I can't eat toast without butter. I smiled back to her and mouth "Thank you".

After 30 minutes of chatting and eating, we finished up our breakfast and clean up the kitchen utensils, plates and cutlery. Sophia an Abby went to freshen up and shower. Mark called saying he will be reaching in 10 minutes. Once Sophia and Abby were done, we walked out from my condo with me closing and locking the door after armed the alarm. We went to the elevator hall and took the next elevator down to the lobby. We walked towards the entrance and into Mark's car.

Mark:"Morning ladies and ready to go?" he asked after buckled his seat belt.

We reached the hospital entrance after 1 hour drive. Mark dropped us then went to park his car at the nearby parking garage. 3 of us walked into the lobby and towards the reception counter.

Christina:"Hi! Can I know which room number is Ash Bishop in?" I asked looking at the nurse.

Nurse:"Hi! Wait a moment please... Ash Bishop is at the observation room at Neurology Department. It will be on the 5th floor" she said and smiled.

Christina:"Thank you" I said and smiled back at her. "She is at the 5th floor. Let's go" I gestured the others to follow me to the elevator up to the 5th floor.

Once we reached the 5th floor, we walked out from the elevator and towards the nurse station.

Christina:"Hi! Can I ask which room is Ash Bishop in?" I asked looking at the nurse.