11

"Have you seen Draco Malfoy?" (y/n) asked as she walked towards where Draco usually sat on the train.

"I don't know but he's not a prefect this year." a junior Slytherin boy told. (Y/n) thanked the boy when she saw Pansy's face. She walked towards Pansy in the hope to see Draco somewhere around.

Well, when she saw what she saw, she wished she hadn't hoped to find Draco around. She saw Draco with his head on Pansy's lap as Pansy played with his hair.

(Y/n) stared at him but Draco didn't seem to see her until Pansy said, "What are you doing here, (l/n)?"

When Draco heard her last name, he quickly straightened up and looked at (y/n) with a look of almost. disappointment.

(Y/n), seeing Draco's reaction, bitterly laughed and said, "You should have let me know about the breakup since I was the one you were breaking up with." (Y/n) stormed off.

She didn't really think that Draco would cheat on her with Pansy at first but when she saw the look on his face after seeing her, she felt as though he would and he was. It was almost like he didn't want her there. It was clearly disappointment.

______________________

Pansy left for the washroom.

"What were you thinking, Malfoy?" Blaise Zabini asked.

Draco just gave him a look that said 'Elaborate'.

"You knew she would come looking for you. Why did you do that?" Blaise explained.

"I didn't." Draco said, "I thought and hoped she wouldn't come to Hogwarts this year with all the things about The Dark Lord and since she's a Muggle-born."

Blaise scoffed at that. It didn't look like he believed Draco. Nonetheless, he didn't ask any more questions.

As for Draco, he wanted to stay away from (y/n) that year. Keeping his mission in mind, he couldn't afford to get too friendly with a Muggle-born and he had really hoped she wouldn't return to Hogwarts that year.

That entire summer, Draco had prepared himself for every scenario with (y/n) after summer but, when he actually did see her, he couldn't execute any of his plans.

When he finally saw her after so many weeks, he was the same Draco Malfoy from fifth year all over again.

When he saw her face, Draco realized that he would never be able to be mean to her or do anything on purpose to break her heart. He was disappointed at himself for not being able to be the feeling-less Malfoy in front of her.

When (y/n) said what she said, Draco hated himself. he had hurt her but he was relieved too, (y/n) would stay away from him and that was best for her as well as himself.

All the way to Hogwarts, he kept telling himself that it was okay and that he couldn't afford distractions right now but he found himself thinking about (y/n) and how things were before. All summer, he had been trained by Bellatrix Lestrange and Draco learned everything but around (y/n), he forgot how not to feel.

Even when deep in thought, he could sense something unusual around him, someone was listening. Harry Potter was eavesdropping.

______________________

(y/n) couldn't get herself to cry. She knew that if she cried, it would be over once and for all.

But, it was as if her subconscious mind didn't want her to be over it.

On the first day of classes, (y/n)'s friend saw Draco walking along hallway and shouted, "Hey, Jerk. I'm talking to you, Malfoy. You should just die."

Draco ignored her the way he ignored everyone. (y/n) asked her friend to never do that again and she hesitantly agreed.

The only good thing that happened that week was that (y/n) got a drop of Felix Felicis for brewing an 'almost' perfect Draught of Living Death potion at class from Professor Slughorn.

She heard that Harry had received an entire vial by brewing the perfect one and (y/n) didn't know how. That potion was one heck of a mess. (y/n) didn't even know how she'd managed to not die while making that but Slughorn thought that her potion was almost there and gave her half a vial of liquid luck.

Her potions classes were with the Ravenclaws and so, she had managed to win that vial but if she had classes with Harry potter, she'd be as unsuccessful as anyone else.

(Y/n) didn't know what she'd do with the liquid luck. She knew it was rare and decided to save it for some time when it'd actually be appropriate to use it.

________________

Draco couldn't sleep. He had a mission to complete and there was the thing with (y/n). A few weeks earlier, (y/n)'s friend had shouted at him. He didn't really care what she said but what bothered him was that (y/n) didn't even look at him. It was completely out of the ordinary.

No matter what happened, (y/n) always looked at him. Even when she was annoyed, she looked at him. Although there was no exchange of smiles, (y/n) had never completely ignored Draco. Ever.

But now, (y/n) didn't even acknowledge his presence.

That was what he thought he wanted but now, as it was happening, he was not so sure anymore. He stayed awake; one of the many sleepless nights as thoughts raced inside his head.

Why did he care so much about (y/n)? She was supposed to be just a girlfriend, just like everybody else. He thought about it so much that by the time it was morning, he knew he needed to talk to (y/n). He needed her to listen to him and acknowledge him. He needed to tell her everything. He needed to feel like everything was okay even when he knew it was not and that was exactly how he felt being around (y/n).

In fact, he desperately wanted to talk to her and be around her.