Chapter Three: A Talk

Emalf soon finished his apple juice and the boys started off towards Adauchi's home.

It was late-ish at night, and not many people were out and about. The flame world seemed peaceful and happy.

Adauchi opened the door to his house and stood to the side for Emalf.
"Ladies first."

"Nah! Last one in's a gayboy!" Emalf shrieked, running inside.

"Fuckin' cheater." Adauchi chuckled, following him inside, "So anyway, Animal Crossing?"

"Animal Crossing," Emalf repeated, flopping back-first onto Adauchi's bed, "I left my switch here from last time, anyway."

He'd spent the night at Adauchi's frequently, and his bed always felt warmer to him than his own. Maybe because it was a more expensive bed, or maybe it was just because it was Adauchi's. Either way, he always looked forward to their sleepovers.

Adauchi picked up his switch from his nightstand and sat on the bed next to Emalf. They sat silently for a few minutes, just happily basking in each other's company.

"Alright, my gates are open, 'Malfie."

"We're usin' the nicknames again?"

"Well, yeah?? We aren't in public anymore, dipshit."

"Okay, okay! You don't gotta get so pressed 'bout it, 'Dau-chi."

"Hmph," As much as Adauchi hated admitting it, it was obvious he loved Emalf's nickname for him. It caused him to call him 'Malfie' in return, and made his face red when Emalf used it endearingly. It was quickly growing red now, in fact.

Emalf looked at Adauchi and laughed, "What's with your f-"

"Are you gonna come over or not?!"

"Ah! Yeah, oops," Emalf looked back down at his switch.

Adauchi rubbed his face and sighed quietly, a bit relieved.

Emalf came over to Adauchi's island and they played together, competing over who could catch a rare fish first, giving eachother stupid little gifts, the works. After about half an hour of this, Adauchi set his switch down and turned to look at Emalf.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about something."

"Wazzat?"

"...I'm probably... gonna leave tomorrow."

"Leave for what? Groceries or sumn'?"

"No, Emalf, I... I'm leaving the world. I'm leaving here."

Emalf froze for a second, then slowly looked up from his switch. His eyes were blocked by his signature shades, but it was very obvious he was worried and confused.

"Ahah! Ahaha! You- Ya got me there, bro! Funny! Ahahah.."

"Emalf," Adauchi said seriously, "I'm not joking."

Emalf sat up and set his switch down, "W-What the eff do you mean, 'Leave the flame world'?! Why the eff would you leave?!" He said, panicked.

"My dad's a piece of fuckin' shit. I can't deal with his abusive bullshit anymore. He deserves everything Satanick does to him. He makes me feel like shit. All the time. I just feel like shit and I need a break. You're the only escape from this bullshit that I have."

"If I'm all ya got then take me with you!"

"...No."

"Why the eff not, Adauchi?!"

"BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE YOU, EMALF. I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY. I WANT YOU TO HAVE SOMEONE ACTUALLY WORTH A SHIT."

Emalf froze again,
"... What didja just.. say..?"

"I said I love you!"

"B-Bro, I... I love you too, bro..
You make me happy. You're all I got too, so please.. Please don't go. We're bros, aren't we?"

"And you deserve better. Maybe even get a girlfriend or someth-"

"I DON'T WANT BETTER, ADAUCHI! I JUST WANT YOU! You can't choose how my life will go on for me! Have you even thought about how this effin' makes me feel?!"

Adauchi was silent for a few seconds.

"... Adauchi...?"

"Can we just... Have tonight? Can we please be happy? I'm..." He mumbled, "I'm sorry, Emalf.."

"...
So you've decided, then? No changin' your mind?"

"Yeah."

"... Okay," He whispered hoarsely, looking away from Adauchi to hide the tears silently beginning to roll down his pale cheeks.

"But... I'll still always love you, no matter what, so.." Adauchi took off his necklace, gently putting it over Emalf's head.

"Keep this with you, so I'll be with you no matter what."

Emalf looked up in surprise at the other boy, causing Adauchi to notice his silent crying.

"...'Malfie.." Adauchi cupped Emalf's cheeks with his bandaged hands and wiped his tears away with his thumbs. Emalf softened a bit in his touch. Adauchi always felt so... warm. He was so comforting to Emalf, and he was about to lose that sense of security.

"Emalf."

"Mm..?" Emalf sniffled.

Adauchi was silent for a few moments, almost like he was thinking something over.

"Adau-"

Before Emalf could finish, and before he could even realize what was happening, Adauchi's soft lips were pressed against his own. Emalf's eyes widened in utter shock, before slowly closing them and kissing the other demon back.

Adauchi pulled away with a soft sigh, "We're still bros... forever, okay?"

Emalf held his own face, still absolutely bewildered, "Uh-Uh-
No effin' homo, right?!"

"Of course, man. We're no homo."

Emalf sighed in relief. He was exhausted just from the argument they had. He yawned softly. ".. I'm so tired... Adauchi..."

Adauchi nodded, "Me too, but..
One second," He leaned over and reached under his bed, pulling out a rather dusty polaroid camera.

"Woah, what the eff is that old thing?" Emalf asked.

"Shh, just say cheese."

Emalf stuck his tongue out and did the surfer dude hand sign to the camera, and Adauchi put his arm around him and grinned before snapping two photos.

"Oh?" Emalf asked, adjusting his shades.

"It's a camera. Prints the pictures out instantly, but takes a bit for them to develop."

"Yooo, fire..."

"So you'll take one and I'll take the other.
And with that, we should get to bed."

Emalf nodded and yawned again, sprawling out on Adauchi's soft bed.

"'Dauchi?"

"Hmm?"

"Can you spoon me again?"

"Of course, bro."

Emalf smiled and took his jacket, shirt and shades off, Adauchi also taking off his shirt.

Adauchi curled up around Emalf, intertwining his tail with the other boy's. They had partially forgotten about their previous conversation, and partially just wanted to live in the moment until it was over.

Adauchi gently nuzzled into Emalf's neck, eliciting a sleepy coo from Emalf.

"Beddie bye, 'Dauchi..."

"Beddie bye, 'Malfie."

Emalf slowly drifted off to sleep, comforted by the warm embrace of his best and only 'friend.' His Adauchi.