Ego & Arrogance

A/N:  hoi! so new phase of M and K is starting so, tell me if im doing anything wrong, or if its mokka or good, annything you think! if you dont wanna comment, dm or insta message me. constructive critisism is welcomed! 

************************************************

The low slow thud of her heart was like a ticking clock reminding her that she was taking more than enough time to process this new information.

Okay so Mallika has a place for rent and Kathir knows about it. Maybe he heard about it as hear say, That's all it could be , nothing else...

Right?

She cleared her throat and looked back to her retched nails, continuing to pick on them, somewhat more enthusiastically this time.

"Nee eppdi... Mallikavum neeyum..." she blabbered, trying get a coherent sentence out, she exhaled out a quick breath annoyed at herself for acting like a blubbering idiot "Unnaku yaar sonnathu?"

Kathir didn't notice the uncharacteristic blather of hers.

"Avanga than..." he said cooly in a matter of fact tone.

"Athan eppidi? Antha naal kadai la pathathu kaparam..." she felt like she was teaching a kid how to add, pushing him a little by little trying to find pieces of this story.

The story of how the hell Mr. Nervous Shy Kathirvelan, that doesnt even look at you straight in the eye has turned into Mr- Oh-so- cool Kathirvelan, talking as if he had millions of women friends.

Oh how she was dying to know...

"Oh atha kekuriya..."

Sikaram Solli thola da panni...

"Athan avanga sama vangunanga la... atha poi delivery pannan..."

"Athu panni oru rendu masam irukum la? Na Ippo thana dance classes ku edam pakka sonnan..." she asked, she wasn't sure how Kathir wasn't looking at her funny at the fact that  she had a million question ready for him, in a second. She left as if she was being uncharacteristic... she wasn't always this nosy was she?

"Avanga anniki sonnan mari masam masam namma kadai la than saman vangunanaga, so delivery kuda pogumbothu, tea kudupanga... appidiye konjam konjam pesuvom... athye maari intha vaarm poi kuduthan, pessum bothu mela to-let board panthen..." he said recollecting the incidents, while her eyes scanned his face, from the crinkle of his forehead to the movement of his adam's apple, trying to find any clues of blushing or desire.

Ana intha robot moonji la ethu katathey... ithula tea kudthalam, friends agitangalam... loosu thanama illa?

She had a strong urge to say "Tea kudutha mayangiruviya?!" but bit her lip instead.

"So successfully... antha ponnu kita pesita... friends agitingala?" she prompted him again, her big toe was nail polish free thanks to her scratching.

Kathir smiled and started to sway his criss-crossed legs, leaning on his arms, looking into the field.

"Nala ponnu avanga... nala kala kala pesuranga, intha maari delivery kuduka porapo, thavicha vai ku thani kuda, kuduka matanga, ana ivunga... ulla ukaravetchi, tea kuduthu..." he listed, reminiscing with a smile.

She didn't know why but her heart sank an inch with every word he said.

So he has new friends now... okay..

.

.

What if.... what if.. it blooms into something later?