t w o

The fresh spring breeze stains my cheeks pink as I stop in my place at the top of the steps outside our small back patio. I look around my lavish green surroundings in adoration, amazed at the beauty of the outdoors, as any child would be.

I walk down the two steps and set one of my bare feet onto the grass, then the second and wiggle my feet around with a small giggle.

I take another step into the grass before my tranquility is disturbed.

"Yerinie!!" The familiar squeaky voice calls from behind me on the patio.

My neighbor, whom I had been waiting for, closes the door on his way out and bounces down the step, quickly making his way next to me, "Race ya to the swing!!"

I knew which swing he was talking about immediately and bolt for the grand oak tree, in which a homemade swing swayed in the wind on, in our backyard.

I was the faster runner, I always had been.

But I was clumsy.

"Rinnie careful!" Jimin squeals from behind as he sees me near the roots of the tree. But the boy is too late, I trip on a root and plummet unfortunately to the ground, where I bang my knee on another corse root, scraping my knee,

Jimin was quick to my side, the small boy cooing comforting words in my ear to soothe my tears as he takes off the bandana around his neck and ties it tightly around my fresh wound, that was bleeding profusely.

Jimin calls loudly for our parents as he helps me to my feet, taking my injured side. They don't come out, they couldn't hear us, the door was closed.

Jimin leads me inside and calls for his mother, that is soon at our side and calling 911 as baby Jimin puts more pressure on my wound.

+

I subconsciously look down to my knee, where I see the outline of my wound shine even through the darkness.

Without hesitation, the moment it clicks I run straight into my childhood best friends arms, he returns the hug immediately, "Rinnie!" He squeaks, his voice still high and beautiful as ever.

"Minnie!" I squeak straight back, Jimin barely detaches the hug, keeping our proximity but moving to cup my face with both hands, "Yerin, you've grown up so much!!" The boy boasts, ruffling my hair, "You're so tall now!!"

I nudge his shoulder lightly with a giggle, "You're one to talk!! I used to be taller than you!!"

We giggle to fill the silence, admiring each other's grown up selves for the first time.

"...Yerin?" We hear quietly from behind. I immediately recognize the voice and detach from Jimin and jump into my loving boyfriend's arms, "Jimin!! This is my best friend, Jungkook!" I turn to face Jungkook, who looks down into my eyes in concern, "Jungkook, this is my childhood friend, Jimin!"

Jungkook briefly nods into Jimin's direction and the boys usually eccentric nature fades into an awkward nod back, "Alright Yerin," Jungkook sighs as Jimin speaks up, "Its late, we should all go to bed, hows about I show you two around the new and improved Jeju tomorrow?"

I don't even have to think about my answer, "Deal!!"

Jimin smiles to the both of us and then puts two fingers to his forehead and juts them into our direction in salutation, "Sleep well, guys."

With the second he leaves, I turn to Jungkook, "What the heck was that for?" I can't help but to whine in annoyance.

"What was what for?" My boyfriend innocently retorts, looking down at me with a surprised pout.

Ahhhh nope!! I see straight through him!! I reach up and poke his cute pouted lips, brushing over them lightly, "You scared Jimin away with your angry face, why are you mad?"

My boyfriend grabs my wrist lightly and pulls my hand away from his lips carefully, he interlocks our hands and puts his other hand around my waist and romantically pulls me in close, he was pissed but he was going to do anything to keep me distracted and stop asking questions, "Why shouldn't I be mad?" He asks to my surprise.

My mouth gapes in confusion, Jungkook never usually opens up this quick.. I push my luck, "Did I say something you didn't like?"

He nods slowly and looks away, I put my free hand softly on the side of his face and turn it so that he looks into my eyes again, "What?"

"You introduced me as your best friend when we're dating." He sighs and drops his cute act, walking me backwards so that my back pushes up against a counter top.

I laugh ironically at that, "Well what was I supposed to say, 'Hey Jimin, this is the guy I've been lusting over since puberty hit?'" I laugh at my own annoying joke but my boyfriend takes it differently. 

"Lusting, huh?" Jungkook ponders with a smirk.

I blush at my own words, realizing what I just implied, "Uh n-not like—"

"I can fix that." My boyfriend hums, nearing my beet red face.

Before I can protest, he pulls me into a soft and loving kiss.

It lasts for a few seconds but we immediately push off of each other when we hear footsteps near the kitchen.

My dad had a strict no dating policy.

That's why I didn't tell Jimin that Jungkook was my boyfriend, in case he let it slip. Jungkook knew this, he was just being a clingy boi (not complaining.)

We compose ourselves and I pick up my deserted water bottle up from the floor.

The moment I straighten my back, my father walks in, "What are you kids doing here?"

"I was just getting water." I excuse, my dad turns to Jungkook, waiting for an explanation.

"She took a while so I was just checking on her." He soon replies.

We kinda... lied way too well together, didn't we?

My dad merely shrugs and grabs a bottle of water for himself and leaves.

I exhale in relief and sigh into my boyfriends arms, who puts a comforting arm around my shoulders and leads me back into the bedroom we shared, "You should sleep baby, it was a long flight."

I nod and detach myself from him, sitting on one of the two queen beds in the room as Jungkook sits on the other.

I lay back into it, feet still on the floor and call out for my mans, "Jungkook?"

He hums in response as he takes his phone charger out of his bag and looks for an outlet near his nightstand.

"You always call me baby..." I begin, he finally finds an outlet and plugs in his phone.

"Yeah, you don't like it?" He calmly asks, returning back to a sitting position.

"No I like it!" I excuse quickly, jumping up to a sitting position, we face each other on the opposite beds. Kook laughs at my tone but I excuse it "...Then?" He hums once again.

"What... should I call you?" I finally pipe out in a quiet voice, looking at my shoes on the floor.

From the corners of my eyes I see Jungkook stand up and walk over to me.

He stands in front of my sitting firm, nearly in between my legs, "Anything you wanna." He leans over and grabs both of my hands, childishly swinging them around.

I tilt my head to the side lightly and look up with a small smirk, "Then maybe...

daddy?"

Jungkook stops swinging and tenses up, holding onto my hands tighter.

I let go of his hands and fall back into my bed in a laughing fit, Kook walks over to his own bed,

"Fuck Rin, that's not funny. Don't call me that."

a/n
Shit dawg