Chapter 1

Why must I have to walk in the rain? What day is it even? See, this is what you get when you are too carefree, you scold yourself mentally, you forget what day it is, what you are doing, and where you are... Where am I anyways? You look around. Where you were. That was a good question. Your vision wasn't blurry, despite the rain and the darkness and you see a house. A BIG house. Wait a tic, THAT'S A MANSION! How far away is it, though? One, maybe two miles? Pfft, you think to yourself, I can run that no problem! So you started your run at about 20 miles an hour, but increase to 30 a quarter of the way there. It's best to get out of this rain as soon as possible, you remind yourself.

When you finally arrive at the mansion, which only took about 4 minutes, you stroll through the huge yard, right up to the door. A place this nice should at least have a few guards posted outside to keep everyone inside safe. Not that it mattered to you though. You would just ask to rest here for the night and be on your way in the morning in search of work. Work sounded nice since you always like having things to do rather than to sit down being bored all the time.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. What's that smell? It smells like a-

"Hello, miss how may I help you?"

Total Hottie! Is this what sexiness smells like? All my life I never knew! Standing before you is a tall man with very light skin, brown eyes, short black hair with long bangs, wearing a tailcoat. "Umm. This storm kinda just snuck up on me and I was wondering, if it wasn't too much trouble, if I could shelter here?" You give him a hopeful smile. God, he's gorgeous, you thought to yourself. You look down, sure that you are blushing really hard.

Sniff Sniff. "What are you?" Wait. What? Did he just sniff you and ask what YOU were?

"I uh.. don't know how to respond to that. Please, explain the question." You look up then gasp as you see his eyes narrowed and he is giving you a rather unpleasant look.

"You don't smell human, yet you are not a demon. I will ask again, what are you?" He is dead serios, despite his ridiculous words.

You open your mouth to tell this guy that he is crazy and needs to be checked out, but you are interrupted by a voice coming from behind the weird hunk who answered the door.

"Sebastian! Who are you talking to?"

The man at the door smiles and turns around, "No one, my lord." and just like that, he shuts the door, IN. YOUR. FACE.

You are stunned at the rudeness and that beautiful smile that had been on his face. Shaking your head to get your thoughts in order, you turn around, "What a strange man." You are about to leave when the door opens.

"Hey, you!"

Startled, you jump, but turn around to face the voice. It is a boy with an eyepatch, black hair, beautiful blue eyes like saphires, dressed in a blue coat, white shirt, black ribbon tied in a bow around the collar, blue trousers that go to his knees, and high black socks with fancy dress shoes over them. If you didn't know any better, you would think he's the head of the house. Looking at him, his demeaner and the way he carries himself... No way. "Are you the head of this house?" It sounded like a stupid question to ask a kid, so the moment it left your lips, you wanted to take it back, until.

"Yes. Now, I would like to ask why you are at my house at this hour."

It didn't sound like a question, but he looks like he is used to commanding people. Then you remember 'at this hour', right. It's like what? 7 o'clock? 8? "Well, you see, I got caught in this storm, but I saw your house, so I thought I might ask if I could take refuge here."