Forget

You woke peacefully and when you opened your eyes you noticed that Kylo was still asleep next to you. You gently combed your hand through his soft black hair, admiring his face with a sense of awe. You knew if he was awake he wouldn't approve of your actions but you didn't care. It did not matter how many times you woke up next to Kylo, you didn't think you'd ever stop having that feeling. The beep of your transmitter on your bedside table snapped you out of your daze. You rolled out of bed and quickly slipped into a dress before taking the transmitter into the kitchen. You sat in a chair and clicked the transmitter, bringing the blue hologram of Lenna to life.

"Hello, Lenna. It's been a while since we last spoke. I'm sorry about that, I have been very busy lately."

Her concern was apparent even through the static glow. "My Queen I was so worried. There were rumors that you had been killed in battle. Are you ok?"

"I'm fine Lenna, I just spent the night in the infirmary for a few days. It was no big deal."

Lenna relaxed slightly. "I need to discuss some things with you Your Majesty, but I think it would be best that you not return to Malachor right now. Is there somewhere we can meet undetected? I'm afraid this is rather important."

"Tattooine."

You almost jumped out of your skin. Kylo had snuck up on you so quietly that you had not noticed him until he answered the question.

"Tattooine?" Lenna asked.

"Yes. I have been a few times. Nothing good ever comes out of that wasteland." He paused as if an old memory had pushed its way to the surface. "Go to Mos Eisley's Cantina. Smugglers go there to make deals so no one will be suspicious of the two of you."

Lenna looked to you for approval and you nodded. "I'll meet you there in an hour."

Lenna's figure disappeared and you turned to raise an eyebrow at Kylo.

"Not that I need your permission," you paused, "but I can go?"

Kylo grabbed your arm pulling you up towards him, and placing a hand on the back of your neck.

"Don't think I've forgotten what I said a few weeks ago. I don't easily forget when someone disregards my position of power. If you were anyone else you would be dead already. However, you are going to pay for disrespecting me. If you choose to return in a lesser condition than the one you are leaving in," he grabbed the zipper of your dress slowly pulling it down your back, "you'll only make it worse for yourself."

Your legs grew warm and you shuddered slightly. Kylo grabbed your head, bending it to the side so his mouth could attack the area of skin where your neck and shoulder met. He sucked a red circle into the skin and thrust his hips into yours. You moaned quietly and tried to push your hips into his but he pulled away, smirking when your dress fell off your arms, revealing your chest to him.

"Something to look forward to," he commented slyly.

You crossed your arms and gave him a small pout but that only seemed to egg him on even more. You grumbled and walked into the closet to change into the shirt and pants you wore for combat. As an afterthought, you dug around in your closet until you found a tan cloak. You had never been to Tattooine but you trusted Kylo when he said nothing good happened there. No one could know who you truly were if you were going to meet with Lenna in true secrecy. You placed the cloak over your arms and walked out of your chambers heading towards the hangar. You spotted the familiar shape of the shuttle you had trained on and walked towards it. You stepped onto the ramp closing it behind you and moved into the pilot's seat. You were relieved that you knew how to fly now. This was not the kind of mission you could take reinforcements on. You started the engines then pressed the transmitter.

"This is the Queen requesting permission to leave for Tattoine."

"Did you say the Queen?" A voice responded through the transmitter. Almost immediately after they quickly choked out an "all clear," and you chuckled knowing that Kylo must have been behind that.

You flew out of the hangar and set the hyperspeed for Tatooine. You watched in awe as the galaxy flew by in a blur. It was yet another thing you would never get tired of seeing. The ship exited hyperspeed and you landed on the outer rim of the desert planet so that no one would notice your First Order shuttle. You put your tan cloak on, pulling the hood over your head and trudged towards the town in the distance. You wished Kylo had warned you how hot and sandy this planet would be. You made a mental note to yell at him about that. The sand was ankle deep and you wondered if you would ever be able to get it out from between your toes. Once you had entered the main walkway you began searching for something that resembled a cantina. After searching for a while, you finally enlisted the help of a passing person.

"Do you know where Mos Eisley's Cantina is?"

The man looked you up and down, smiling slightly to show his chipped golden teeth. The smell of alcohol on him was rancid and you wondered when he had bathed last.

"Down the street to the left. But a pretty girl such as yourself shouldn't be going there." He grabbed your waist, "a pretty girl like you should be coming home with me."

You calmly moved your cape just enough so he could see the black lightsaber hanging from your belt. "I think you want to let go of me."

He quickly let go and staggered away as quickly as his drunk body would let him go. You followed his directions and came upon the cantina. You pulled your hood further over your head and walked in. The loud music jarred you slightly. You realized it had been a long time since you had heard music. And you wondered if you had ever heard music like this. The song was lively and if you hadn't had years of proper training you might have even tapped your foot to the beat. You noticed a hooded figure sitting at a booth in the back and walked towards it. The figure looked at you as you approached, confirming that it was, in fact, Lenna. You sat across from her placing your hands on the table.

She looked around making sure no one was close enough to hear what she was about to say. Content with her assessment she turned, giving you a small smile before quietly blurting out her confession. "I'm pregnant."

You sucked in a quick breath, vision blurring slightly from the shock of her news. Of all the things she could have told you, this was the one that made your head spin.

"You're pregnant," you repeated.

Lenna waited for you to take in the news and you realized she had a faint pregnancy glow.

"I just found out, Your Majesty."

You sucked in a breath struggling to regain focus. "And it's..."

Lenna nodded, "without a shadow of a doubt Your Majesty."

You pulled Lenna's hands into your own. Looking deep into her eyes.

"This child... isn't safe on Malachor, even if it is a girl. Malachor is too unstable. I know it is your home and I know I have already asked so much, too much of you but-"

"I understand."

You paused, finally voicing a concern you had been having for a while now. "I fear- I sense that soon the darkness will consume me completely. I... I don't want to know where you take it."

"My Queen I-"

You stood giving her hands one last squeeze before letting go, "you will be fine, Lenna. You are the strongest person I know."

You turned and walked out of the cantina, heading back towards your shuttle. The noise of traders bustling around was drowned out by your shock. You forced your mind to calm itself as you marched up the ramp. You sat in the pilot's seat and massaged your temples. No one can know, you thought. You closed your eyes and imagined the memory of what had just happened being put into a box inside your mind. You triple-locked the box convincing your mind to forget what had just occurred. You would never think of that child again, not even for the sake of your own life. You opened your eyes and began the flight back towards the Finalizer.