Ten - A Single Phone Call

...

Photo above is what Bri wears to the party

A/N:❕Suggestive content ahead

...

"Excuse me for a moment, I'm sorry." I said, yet again, as I stood up from the dining table.

It had been...maybe a week after we got the results back from the DNA test. Ever since then I just haven't gotten the stomach to eat anything. It tore me apart to know that it was true. Jasmine was right...my father is a terrible man. I had such a good childhood, before they passed of course. Even after they passed but I truly had an amazing family before their passing.

My father was my hero. Never in a million years would I have ever thought of him as a bad person. He had a heart of gold. He was there for his family every step of the way. He never missed a single dance recital, honor roll assembly, graduation, talent show, Birthday party even if it wasn't mine, nothing. He missed nothing. He always made sure his families needs were before his own. He was there every step of the way.

My mother was the same. Always there for me. My emotional support. My rock. Never left my side. Read me bedtime stories, helped me with my schoolwork, helped me grow my passion for dance, everything. My parents were a blessing. Not many people have what I had. Now that's it's gone...now that they are gone...it's evidently a hard pill to swallow. My father had an affair. With my grandma, at that. It tore at every inch of me.

"Bri-" Chan called after me.

"Don't. Not right now." I said through a quick sniff. Already feeling the tears well up in my eyes. He didn't listen. I began to walk faster up the stairs when I heard him scoot his chair back and catch up to me. I was just about to reach for my bedroom door when he grabbed my wrist, turning me towards him swiftly. I revolted and tugged my wrist free.

"You can't fix everything, Bangchan! Not this time!" I yelled at him. He was taken back from my tone of voice. I instantly regretted yelling at him, he was only trying to help me calm down, but it was too late. He looked down at me, searching my eyes for sympathy. My breathe hitched and I glanced at him.

"I...need space." I lied. Space is the last thing I needed. I needed him. I wanted him to barge into my room with me and hug me so tight so that I could muffle my ugly sobs into his clothed chest. I wanted him to caress my back and tell me it was going to be okay. I wanted him to lay down next to me and allow me to rant to him what a great father my dad was to distract me from the truth. I wanted him to help me come to terms with it. I need him.

I turned back towards my door and opened it, just as I was about to close it, his foot appeared to stop it. I let go of the handle. He slowly opened the door. I buried my hands in my sleeves of my...his oversized sweater and crossed my arms over my stomach. I looked down and tried to suppress my cries.

"I know you to well to know that what you need right now is the opposite of space." He reasoned, closing the door softly. I let out a single sob and that was enough for him to hurl towards me and embrace me. He engulfed me into his hug. His arms wrapped around my shoulders, his head rested on the top of mine. I covered my eyes with the sleeves and buried myself in his chest. I let out a plethora of sobs which resonated throughout the room. He caressed my hair and back, leaving kisses on the crown of my head.

"Shhhh, it's okay. Everything is okay. This will all pass. Nothing to worry about, baby." He softly whispered. My body began to feel weak and numb. Soon enough my legs gave out and my knees buckled from under me. Chan quickly reacted and carried me bridal style to my bed.