CHAP 6

" LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE DID PRESS THE RESUME BUTTON, AFTERALL

" LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE DID PRESS THE RESUME BUTTON, AFTERALL. "

Jimin.

This was so unlike the usual Jimin who would not mind getting suspended from school if he could pull a prank on me that would end up making me lose my shit. Like that one time he put a real snake in my bag and I had a fever for 3 days straight.

I must've commited some grave sin in my previous life to have a Jimin in my present life.

I looked back at him who was already staring at me. I could understand everything he wanted to say just by looking into his eyes. Those eyes spoke words that his mouth could never phrase. I could interpret the unspoken feelings behind those mild-brown eyes like as if they were my own. He didn't have to utter a word. I could see that he believed in me.

And the very next moment, Nora dropped the smile she had on her face and turned around, all ready to let go of her fears and worries.

My heart, caged within my bones was going berseck the moment Nora turned around. Why did it have to be me that faced such a situation? Why couldn't it be Lia or Ginni?

Without wasting a second, my legs sprinted towards her, pulling Nora near me so that she was no longer standing in the verge of death. I could see the shock in her eyes due to my sudden actions. A part of her was happy that she was still alive but at the same time, there was sheer dissapointment and fear in her eyes as she would have to continue living.

My eyes mimicked the same astonishment that roamed around Nora's for I too was bewildered by the act I pulled off. It wasn't my brain that stimulated my legs but rather my heart.

It was reflex.

I rubbed her lower back with my palms and gave her the widest smile assuring her that everything was fine and that I was here. I honestly had no knowledge of what to say in order for Nora to hose down. She broke into tears and hugged me, almost chocking me to death. I let out a small chuckle and kept rubbing her back.

"Cry, bawl your eyes out until all the frustration and pain you have been holding back in for so long is let out. You can even try some of your karate kicks on me if it helps you feel better."

Did I mention that Nora was a trained-karate kid?! Yet she wouldn't use any of those moves on her bullies because her motto was - 'Kill Em With Kindness'

She really is a living-Cinderella.

I felt joyous  that Nora was finally letting out her worries and didn't just keep everything to herself.

She was an overfilled bathtub with the tap running. The tap was finally closed today and the tub had some leaks which made the water seep out. Her feelings.

I saw Jimin standing next to the door that I always pushed despite the word "PULL" engraved on it but he disappeared all of a sudden when the once motion-less students and the teacher Lucas had called came rushing in. I smiled at Lucas who was now taking Nora out of my grip and to my ultimate surprise, he smiled back, for the first time in 4 years! I fely like I was on cloud nine.

All of this did seem all too unreal and out of place but I considered not to dwell upon it too much.

But one particular thought never failed to leave mind, 'Why did Lucas smile at me all of a sudden?'

After everyone had left and Nora was taken to the hospital, I sat in the place where Nora had stood earlier. The cement floor was embraced with a thick layer of dust which would surely stick to my bottom once I get up on my feet.

I closed my eyes and thought about the time when the four of us would hang around on the rooftop whenever we were sent out of class for talking, calling each other names or writing ' I purple BTS' on the board. Out of the blue, I felt plump lips on my cheeks which made me immediately open my eyes, shocked and bewildered.

Of course, it was Jimin.

Does he think my cheeks are free real-estate?!

What really made me want to rip his head off and sell it to pay Nora's hospital bills was when he began to smirk from seeing me react to his kiss and he actually had the audacity to pinch my already broken nose.

Why do I feel like his puppy that just got it's dog treats for fetching a twig?

"That's my reward for saving Nora and also.......for Lucas to smile back at you for the first time."

Well, I guess I was half right about the puppy-thing.

I could feel dissapointment and distress in his voice when he said the last part. Jimin did look tired and worn out, like as if he was the one in Nora's place.

"Come, I have somewhere to take you."

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm not your dog to do as you say and then get rewarded."

And in a flash, my feet were no longer on the ground and I was heading towards the exit.

' Am i levitating? '

Jimin had yanked me on his shoulder and all I could see was the plump,round jiboo- I mean, his butt.

What if I just vomit on his jiboo- butt to take my revenge? Or should I just call Lia and get her baseball bat to beat his ass up?

Wait, why does Lia have a baseball bat in her house? She clearly hates anything involving balls after the whole boyfriend-cheating issue.

We drove off and reached an old buliding.The walls were filled with weird writings which thrived to blanket the once gracefully painted walls.

It was that building....the building that brought a distance between us.