『 3 』

~Shownu~

I just came back from training and I am really tired. I received a text from my mother telling me that my new "staff" is already there so I rushed back home.

When I opened the door, I was greeted by my loving mother.

"Shownu" she went up to me and hugged me.

"Son, meet your new assistant." she gestured to the person seating on the couch, reading my mom's recipe "book".

My new assistant stood up, revealing his identity.

"Hel- Kihyun?" I didn't know that he would be the one.

"Hyunwoo?" he was confused as well.

"Oh, you two know each other?" my mom asked.

"Yes, we're in the same class," I answered.

"Good for you then, you'll always be together." my mom was happy that Kihyun will always be beside me.

I don't know why she always tries to find me an assistant, I'm not a kid anymore, I can do things on my own but this time I kinda like that Kihyun is my new assistant.

"I'm going to leave, I'll be back tomorrow, get to know each other while I'm gone." my mom left, leaving us two alone.

I sat down on the carpet while he sat on the couch.

"Your mom calls you Shownu?" he asked.

"Yes, she's not good at names but I prefer Hyunwoo."

"I prefer it as well." he smiled once again. I still don't get it why some students avoid him.

Who wouldn't fall for his cute smile? Oh no Hyunwoo, don't fall in love with him.

I'm going crazy, I'm talking to myself because of his smile.

"Hyunwoo, what subjects are hard for you?" he asked, breaking me from the trance that I received from his smile.

"Mathematics" I was good at it when I was young, I don't know what happened now.

"Oh really? Mathematics is my favorite subject."

"Do you have a piece of paper?" he asked.

"Yes," I reached out to my bag and search for a piece of paper. I handed it over to him waiting for him to teach me.

He helped me memorize the equation first before teaching me how to solve equations. Afterward, he made a quiz and waited for me to finish.

I turned to him and saw him peacefully sleeping. I noticed a bandana wrapped around his wrist. I don't know why but something is off with that bandana.

I didn't want to disturb him because he looks like he was exhausted so I gave him an hour to rest.

He looked so cute when he was sleeping, he may have felt that someone was watching him sleep that made him wake up.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry"

"It's okay, you looked like your tired"

"I am tired but your mom is paying me a million won a month so there's no time to lose."

"Trust me, my mother doesn't care about money." I tried to make him feel better.

"No, I'm very sorry, can I make it up to you? I'll cook you dinner."

Dinner? I looked at the time and it was already night.

"Sure, I guess" I replied, he stood up and started to prepare food.

"What are you cooking?" I asked.

"I'm going to cook you my favorite dish, I ate it earlier." he looked for eggs, rice, and butter.

"Hyunwoo, I'm going to cook two types, can you tell me your opinion on what's better?"

"Sure"

He made me study while he cooked my dinner. After I finished reviewing, the dishes are also done.

"Here," he placed two bowls of the same dish but different types.

"I want to know your opinion about it" he sat down in front of me, waiting for me to choose which one is the best.

"Where's yours?" I asked.

"I'm still full"

"Oh" I looked once again at the dishes. One dish is buttered rice mixed with egg while the other one is buttered rice with a sunny-side-up egg on top.

I tasted them both and it was so delicious. To be honest, much more delicious than everything I ate.

"I prefer the buttered rice mixed with eggs." when he heard my opinion, he jumped out of joy.

"Finally, someone who likes my version." he was so happy, so happy that a simple on his lower eye appeared.

What is it called again? Indian dimple? Anyway, that doesn't matter, all that matters is he is so cute.

"Who's version was the other one? I was curious.

"The other version is from Minhyuk's mother," he replied.

"Minhyuk?" the name sounded familiar to me, probably because Jooheon or Changkyun told me about him.

"Yeah, Lee Minhyuk, he's the bubbly student."

"Oh, now I remember, he was the student that got scolded because he was too noisy."

"Yeah"

"He has the same personality as Jooheon, I don't know why they don't talk," he said.

"Probably because Jooheon is intimidating," I replied.

"He's not intimidating to me, well before I was but when I got to know him, I realized that he's such a big baby."

"You're friends with him?" I asked.

"Yeah, but we barely talk" he replied.

"How?"

"We worked on a project before then we became close but sadly we kinda drifted apart but he's always there for him."

Suddenly, I remembered what Changkyun told me, I can't help but ask him. "Why do students find you as a cold person?"

"Well, I don't like talking to people, they just talk to me when they need something and I don't want to talk to someone judgemental. Some students tried to avoid me because they heard that I was cold, what a dumb excuse."

"Then why did you talk to me?"

"Are you judgemental?"

"No"

"There's your answer, I heard that Changkyun told you earlier that I was a cold person but you still asked me if I wanted to be friends with you."

Jooheon and Kihyun are friends, that's why Jooheon wasn't saying anything when Changkyun told me that he was cold.

Maybe Jooheon was trying to test me if I'll be like the other students who were avoiding him.